Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sold! Thanks Tim!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump! I will be out of town until July 24th, but would love to make a deal and ship it out as soon as I get back!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Let's make a deal guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You would have to ask ohlins, or someone more knowledgeable about that.

As far as I know, they are completely different part numbers, as the 13 already has the scu for the damper. Ohlins offers a "race" scu as an upgrade to the 13s to make the damper more aggressive, and they offer a EC shock specifically for those years of gen4. Beyond that, I have no idea if it's simply an SCU change or something internal on the shock. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable on ohlins products, like LDH, might be able to chime
in here?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bump! Im shocked (see what I did there?) that this is still on the market! Lets make a deal guys!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Back to the top... Ready to ship! PM me and lets make a deal!

Would also consider a trade for a decent set of tire warmers + cash

·
Registered
29 Posts
I can't believe you still have this shock. Too bad I already had an Ohlins when we traded bikes. I just had my Ohlins shock/damper re-valved by Kyle Racing, and picked up his suspension link. I put tons of toys on your old bike, you will probably not recognize her.

I am heading to the Z2 track day at Sears Point on the 22nd with the 2012 10. I put lots of toys on your old bike, so you will probably not recognize her. Will you be there with your 07?

Come on boys ...... nobody needs a great shock?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the bump Scott!

I'm surprised as well... I've seen a couple of these posted over the last few years and at this price point, they literally sold overnight.

There is some local interest and I have a sale pending, similar to our deal though we just haven't been able to coordinate our schedules yet.

I won't be at Sears Point, but I will be at Thunderhill on Monday. Stoked to ride the 07 for the first time, plus just stoked to ride in general, my last track day was in November. Glad you're having fun with your new bike!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got lucky and snagged one of the $150 Z2 Yamaha Day coupons. So we get to have a little green out there on the official blue day.

The only thing on my wish list for the 10 now is a set of Ohlins front cartridges. I have my eye on a couple sets, but I'm not willing to let that much money go yet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Trust me.. This shock is being eyeballed to death.. Even though it is a good price its a lot of money for non racers like me. I plan to pick one up.. Its just not the right time. I just got my bike 2 weeks ago..lol. Tires, exhaust qs. next is damper re valved, reflash, and lastly shock because it cost the most.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Trust me.. This shock is being eyeballed to death.. Even though it is a good price its a lot of money for non racers like me. I plan to pick one up.. Its just not the right time. I just got my bike 2 weeks ago..lol. Tires, exhaust qs. next is damper re valved, reflash, and lastly shock because it cost the most.

Trust me, I'm no racer but this shock transformed my bike. The gen 4 suits someone around 150lbs, any more and you need to do some work to the shock for it to perform to its capabilities.

The way I looked at it was, i could send the stock shock out and have it revalved and resprung for what, $400 ish? And when I sell the bike, the shock goes with it and that money is a total loss. OR.... Buy the best, and when it comes time to sell the bike, put the stock back on and sell it for a roughly similar loss.

Basically, you should buy it ;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Roy, give me a day or 2 to confirm with a local buyer that has expressed interest. If not, you're next in line

·
Registered
42 Posts
Roy, give me a day or 2 to confirm with a local buyer that has expressed interest. If not, you're next in line

I take it this is sold... Hope the guy who bought it put it to good use.. His bike has most of the parts from you. lol Went to a good guy.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah he just picked it up earlier this afternoon. Thanks for the interest guys!

Reactions: Jollygreen
1 - 20 of 21 Posts