Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got through with the install on the Ohlins steering damper with Attack brackets.

The installation is a little more complicated than the Scotts or top mount Ohlins but it is worth it. The price of the bits necessary is under $400 so it is a little cheaper than some of the other alternatives.

The parts necessary are a Ohlins 68 mm stroke damper (Kyle Racing $270) and the Attack brackets $130.

The install consists of mounting the post to the bottom of the frame forward of the steering head. To do this all the front plastic (lowers, mids and uppers) has to come off. You can get the plastic off in half an hour. The upper fairing support that connects to the frame has to come off. You need to drill three 1/4" holes in the frame. To do this the front fender and wheel need to come off.

The fork bracket goes on the right fork leg. Since it is a one piece bracket the fork tubes needs to come out to get it on.

The only down side is that the damper end up where the horn (was). I need to fabricate a new bracket to move the horn up a little.

It looks like the adjustment will be reachable while riding.

While you have it apart you can seal up the ram air system a little.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Thanks sw. Doesn't sound too bad. I was worried about messing with the uppers but I didn't even think about having to slide the bracket onto the forkleg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts