Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me what the spring rate should have on a gen 5 if i am 195 lb with gear and running a Ohlins shock, standard spring rate is 95.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The local guys prices are not even close to eBay price and only push other brands, the only factor I am working to is the recommended sag (38mm) listed by Ohlins.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My brother, I deal with 2 types of riders:

1. The ones that listen to me, do exactly what I tell them to do and then get the prescribed results they are expecting to make their bike handle properly.

2. The ones that ignore what I am telling them, second guess their set-up and chase their tail trying to find the magic settings until they finally do what I told them to do in the first place.

I run the shop at the largest Ohlins dealer in the world and I didn't get here by being wrong about how to set-up suspension on road bikes. :grin2:

·
The Pace
7,162 Posts
Splitting hairs. And don't listen to the tech guys in your case as they have not studied your riding ability. Take a bunch of superbike classes and see what others in the class do (they all have taken the same class year after year, whatever) and watch carefully what the instructors are doing. If you feel like you're running hard and the instructor is bored running next to you trying to figure out what you're doing then you know that spring rate hardware WHATEVER is not the problem.

I just flashed on Keith Code. The crap that old timer had to run through cycle after cycle of maturing riders. Not about you, op. Just so funny how stuff recycles.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Splitting hairs. And don't listen to the tech guys in your case as they have not studied your riding ability.

It's not splitting hairs. It's a mathematical equation of overall stroke to insure enough travel is available in both directions which affects a myriad of variables within the shock or forks as well as geometry issues. There are reasons why we would deviate from normal sag numbers, but not in these types of cases. The guy is a street rider that doesn't even know what sag to set his bike to. Do you really think a tuner has to study his riding proficiency to be able to correctly setup his bike? You should stick to smoking loops or riding your dope or whatever the hell it is that makes you spew out halfass incoherent babble all the time. :headshake:

·
Registered
216 Posts
My brother, I deal with 2 types of riders:

1. The ones that listen to me, do exactly what I tell them to do and then get the prescribed results they are expecting to make their bike handle properly.

2. The ones that ignore what I am telling them, second guess their set-up and chase their tail trying to find the magic settings until they finally do what I told them to do in the first place.

I run the shop at the largest Ohlins dealer in the world and I didn't get here by being wrong about how to set-up suspension on road bikes. :grin2:
What shop would that be?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts