Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres the deal I have an 05 zx10r Track bike i just got the suspension sprung for my weight (115 lbs) when i got the ohlins shock i notice to height adjuster was turn in all the way to the lowest height, Im just curious to know what you racer guys have the rear height set too for quick turn in and optimum traction on exit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
So heres the deal I have an 05 zx10r Track bike i just got the suspension sprung for my weight (115 lbs) when i got the ohlins shock i notice to height adjuster was turn in all the way to the lowest height, Im just curious to know what you racer guys have the rear height set too for quick turn in and optimum traction on exit.
I kept raising mine my last trip to the track, bike wanted to lift the front on hard throttle raising it up put the front end in check. Ill measure mine in the morning and see how much its up. My forks are flush.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kept raising mine my last trip to the track, bike wanted to lift the front on hard throttle raising it up put the front end in check. Ill measure mine in the morning and see how much its up. My forks are flush.
Thanks! My forks are three millimeters up in the clamp but i have no idea where to get started on the rear for a good baseline.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey Ben. Phone Dan Kyle. Talk to Dan or, hmmm?? I cant remember who I talked too last yr, but they were very knowledgeable. (even tho they didnt have any thing good to say about the 08 ZX10)
Thats Firemans old bike, right? He should be able to get ya on the right track, even tho he probably weighs 100 lb more then U. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Ben. Phoned Dan Kyle. Talk to Dan or, hmmm?? I cant remember who I talked too last yr, but they were very knowledgeable. (even tho they didnt have any thing good to say about the 08 ZX10)
I wonder if any suspension guys have anything good to say about any Gen ZX10r?:rolleyes:

The stock center eye to eye length is 334mm so make sure you are at least there. When I last talked to GP, told them I was running +4mm in the rear, they said go bigger! Going to try +6 and see what happens.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Its really dependent on you as a rider, and what track you are on. For a long fast sweeping track my rear is about +4mm but for tight technical courses I go +6mm. My front forks sit 2mm above the top triple always. But once again its very dependent on you and the course. I would set it up at stock and go to the track and play around. Have a suspension tuner at the track help you out. Thats the best advise I would give you.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
115 lbs.! Wow, you are in for a workout my friend.

I have no experience with your year model, but I agree with ducatiryder. Have a suspension guy at the track help you for a day. It is all about what works for you. Money well spent. Come in each session and tell him what you think. Bug the hell out of him. I do.:mrgreen:

I can tell you this. There have been WERA championships won on your year model 10 with the front end "raised" (fork extenders). Works well for the lighter guys. It may not dive into corners as fast, but it makes for easier transitions.

Good Luck

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
115 lbs.! Wow, you are in for a workout my friend.

I have no experience with your year model, but I agree with ducatiryder. Have a suspension guy at the track help you for a day. It is all about what works for you. Money well spent. Come in each session and tell him what you think. Bug the hell out of him. I do.:mrgreen:

I can tell you this. There have been WERA championships won on your year model 10 with the front end "raised" (fork extenders). Works well for the lighter guys. It may not dive into corners as fast, but it makes for easier transitions.

Good Luck

thanks i plan on taking full advantage of a suspension guy when we go to pahrump in a couple weeks if one is there. we dont have that luxury here in Canada.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts