Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
so does that mean they fit the 04/05 Garth?

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
if you have a 06-07 front wheel than yes, my marchesini's were off a 06-07 so i got 06-07 stock forks to run it, I've had no problem with my R&T forks so far! They are really a dream, was on the highway tonight accelerating threw long sweeping curves at 160mph and she stays flat on the ground!!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
I think they could but they are different lengths, I think someone on here tried that so do a search and find out, honesty if it was only 10mm's or something like that shorter I'd run them....

·
Registered
46 Posts
At the bottom of the description it says:

Remember this product will only fit 2007-2008 Suzuki GSXR-1000 models only

Strange....typo??

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
At the bottom of the description it says:

Remember this product will only fit 2007-2008 Suzuki GSXR-1000 models only

Strange....typo??
yes its a type-o, FG352 is the Kawi 06-07 ZX10r part number

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm in the market for Ohlins R&T forks AND the rear shock, but I have an 08. According to Ohlin's information, there is a new 08 model for the front forks FGRT804 with one piece caliper brackets instead of the removable type.

That one change is a huge one for me, and I'm not sure how much is different internally compared to the previous design (they "say" there is alot changed), but the best price I could find on the new R/T forks for the 08 ZX-10 is 2300.00 USD. So the Ebay forks are more than a thousand dollars less.

The shortened length of the ebay units would worry me because decreasing front fork rake with no option to increase it without dropping the rear would worry me no matter how good my steering damper is. Many people say that 5-10mm doesn't make alot of difference when dropping or raising your forks in the triple tree, but at one time I was flat tracking my KDX-220 (I know I know that's a trail bike! It was just for fun) and I would get horrendous headshake exiting each turn as I came on harder on the throttle. A friend (who actually knew what he was doing) dropped the forks in the triple tree 3mm, and the headshake was GONE. It seemed unbelievable to me and since then I've sworn off of mucking around with steering geometry.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I have owned both sets of the Ohlins forks in question, the 06 and the newer 08's. My 06's are now installed on one of 9R to 10R's bikes. I would NOT buy the 06/07 versions for a 08. Take my word for it, as I have owned both. They are that much different, in length, axels, fender mounts ect. Not worth the cost you will save. And they are different lengths.

I have the 08's on my 08 and needless to say I love them. I got mine from Hard Racing.
MM,

HardRacing is where I got my best price from :) I've bought from them before and they've always been great!

I'm going to give them a call and see if they can give me a little discount for buying shocks/forks at the same time. Probably not, but it's worth a try (especially in THIS economy!) :lol:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
well being i have the parts to go on this i am so bidding, last miunte shoot-out someone?

will be a easy swap on your 04 provided you have the bearings to swap out on your CZ wheels, I called them about this whe nI had them and they said they can sell you the correct bearings to swap between 04-05 and 06-10 wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts