Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
i have 08 zx10r. i will use it as a full time track bike next year. can anybody explain me what is the difference in performance between:
25mm cartridge fork kit
30mm cartridge fork kit
complete ohlins forks
are those kits worth the money. should i expect much better performance comparing to stock installing just the cartridge ? can somebody also explain me which springs are right for me ? i'm 210 lbs + gear.
sorry for my english. i'm from poland :).
thanks

·
Registered
222 Posts
crazy ron at washington cycle works in NJ will talk your ear off going over your ohlins options, the shop has a lot of experience with ohlins at the racetrack. I actually had this discussion with him, but it was for first gen so you should talk to him yourself. basically the 30mm kit has not proven to be worth installing over the 25. 25mm kit is preferred. do a search for ohlins R&T forks on this forum for more info, there are a few good threads.

remember that there are lots of options for fork internals. GMD computrack recommends the penske kit for the zx10 which runs around 600. traxxion's ak-20's or AK-gas are very popular, I like the ak-20's..they run about 1000. k-tech. even race tech's basic gold valves will be an improvement. I think the ohlins 25mm kit at WCW would be a good choice. I'm sending my forks to penske in PA, but I have no experience with them so we shall see.

stock springs should be fine for your weight. and dont forget about the shock!

·
Gen 5 Now!!
1,128 Posts
and if you do go with ohlins kit, Ohlins USA has the 25mm cartidge kit on ebay right now for $899 installed!!! simply take your forks off, ship to ohlins, they install the with new springs for your weight and shipped back to you all for $899.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts