1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
I'm wanting to replace the rear shock on my zx6
Any recomendations ???
I'm leaning towards the ohlins anyone know the ins and outs of these 2 shocks?
Thanks in advance.
Smiley

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
Hey Eric, i think the penske would be easier out of the box to set up by yourself but I think between the 2 you are gonna get about the same performance. I went with ohlins triple but only really because Indysuperbike helps me get it set-up and dialled in and they can help me with any issues and can service it. Otherwise I would have went with the penske which is supposed to be a little more user friendly i guess. But either one performance wise will get er done. Oh and the Ohlins is prettier...lol

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I've always run Ohlins, but wouldn't hesitate to go with Penske. Can't go wrong with either one, IMO. Penske is custom-made for you. If you go Ohlins, don't just get it from a Parts Unlimited catalog order dealer. Get it from someone knowledgeable that works with suspension, who will re-spring it and do the initial setup for you. Otherwise, I think you're better off with the Penske.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I got the Ohlins on mine. It's sprung alittle stiff for the street but it rails awsome.

·
Yankee Racer
14,838 Posts
CanyonCarver said:
I've always run Ohlins, but wouldn't hesitate to go with Penske. Can't go wrong with either one, IMO. Penske is custom-made for you. If you go Ohlins, don't just get it from a Parts Unlimited catalog order dealer. Get it from someone knowledgeable that works with suspension, who will re-spring it and do the initial setup for you. Otherwise, I think you're better off with the Penske.
:thumbsup: +1 to that. I got mine through indysuperbike and they got it set-up to my weight with the proper spring rate

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I've made my decision.
If I pull the trigger I'll be getting the penske.
Thanks for all the input

1 - 9 of 9 Posts