Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 80 of 578 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
The Grey - Watched it last night. I was bored out of my mind. "Run from the wolves, curse, get eaten, curse, run from the wolves, curse, get eaten, curse." All I heard was the F-bomb every other word and a wolf growling in the trees that sounded like a freakin T-Rex. Did not enjoy it at all. Then to top it off the ending was horrible. Builds up this big fight between the alpha and main character, then it's over. Lame Lame Lame

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Just watched Prometheus, i didnt like it at all. There are so many open ended issues that were left unresolved (i know there will be another, but at least give some closure), and the ending was terrible.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Some movies I have seen recently:

Prometheus- I liked it. Did leave a lot of open questions though. And it seemed like it didn't match up to Alien (when they find the body of the alien race in the ship with his chest blown open in ALIEN.....he was somewhere else on Prometheus). Did they forget?

21 Jump street- like stated above.....funny as hell

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter- sucked ass. I read the book and really liked that but the movie isn't even like the book and is just aweful.

Upcomming movies that look good:

The next installment of resident evil
The movie with Jonah hill and ben stiller with the neighborhood watch and aliens

·
Registered
301 Posts
Act of Valor has some of the worst acting I have ever seen in a movie. Its to bad they spent all the budget on blowing shit up, and had $1.99 left to split between all the actors.

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Damn covy harsh! I thought they did hood for not being actors and all.

Saw Ted when it came out and it was good but couldn't stay focused until I went off on some hood rat kids acting up in front of us. My wife even told them to stfu and lil punk was like yes ma'am and turned around and just sat there lol. The girl that was with them told us to shut up for telling them to be quit, I told her to stfu before I threw her out myself

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Act of Valor has actors in it. The real SEALs team members are the guys with their faces covered doing the military stuff. My understanding is they had actors saying the lines but in the combat situations it was active duty SEALs. They are covert ops so the Navy don't want the faces of real SEALs being known.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591479/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Valor

·
Registered
40 Posts
Some movies I have seen recently:

Prometheus- I liked it. Did leave a lot of open questions though. And it seemed like it didn't match up to Alien (when they find the body of the alien race in the ship with his chest blown open in ALIEN.....he was somewhere else on Prometheus). Did they forget?

21 Jump street- like stated above.....funny as hell
Cameron did say though that its not a direct prequel to Alien, another 2 films would be needed for that. Remember there were more ships on the planet and that planet they visit in Prometheus is not the one they visit in Alien. :popcorn2:

21 Jump St surprised me by being quite funny! :mrgreen:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Act of Valor has actors in it. The real SEALs team members are the guys with their faces covered doing the military stuff. My understanding is they had actors saying the lines but in the combat situations it was active duty SEALs. They are covert ops so the Navy don't want the faces of real SEALs being known.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591479/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Act_of_Valor
i kinda wondered abt that, but since the acting sucked I figured it really was them :lol:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i kinda wondered abt that, but since the acting sucked I figured it really was them :lol:
For people as prestigious as the SEALS and other Special Force teams, I hope their acting abilities suck because I want them to put all their focus and heart into their duty which is far more important than a movie

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
exactly, thats y I figured it was them bec the acting was garbage lol and I wouldn't expect a navy seal to act very well

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Wrath of Titans- Same as Clash, nothing new really.

Act of Valor- Go play any Tom Clancy video game, you'll have this movie. Game will have better acting though.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Went to check out Prometheus last nite! Had to catch it before it left the theater! Good movie! I liked it alot! Can't wait for part 2! If they decide to make one?

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Took Wifey to see Brave. Michi and I liked it a lot, though it wasn't quite up to Toy Story, Finding Nemo, or (personally my favorite) Monsters Inc standards. Maybe a step below them storyline wise, but visually it is second to none. Worth going to see it in the theater.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yea Brave looks good! I might have to go grab my nieces since I don't have any kids an take them to go see it just as an excuse for me to go see it! :lol:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Took Wifey to see Brave. Michi and I liked it a lot, though it wasn't quite up to Toy Story, Finding Nemo, or (personally my favorite) Monsters Inc standards. Maybe a step below them storyline wise, but visually it is second to none. Worth going to see it in the theater.
My gf and I went and watched it and really enjoyed it. You're right, the story isn't as good as others, but the graphics were beautiful. Is their really a movie that can beat Toy Story? Probably one of the greatest movies that's ever come out. My personal favorite would have to be the Emperors New Groove :mrgreen:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Is toy story the movie with Buzz lightyear? :dontknow:

My gf and I went and watched it and really enjoyed it. You're right, the story isn't as good as others, but the graphics were beautiful. Is their really a movie that can beat Toy Story? Probably one of the greatest movies that's ever come out. My personal favorite would have to be the Emperors New Groove :mrgreen:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Any of you guys check the new Spiderman out yet? I'll probably go check that out sometime this weekend or next week before the new Batman comes out?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
New Spiderman was really good. Much better than with :ninnyslap: Toby Mcguire

61 - 80 of 578 Posts