Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 578 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been slippin a little bit since my last movie update which I think was "The grey"? But I seen 4 movies since then! I seen.....

Safe House<----Another GOOD Denzel movie!
Silent House<---Looks better on the previews! Actual movie sucked! Snoozeville!
John Carter<----Not bad pretty kool sci-fi flick from Disney!
Wrath of the Titans<-----Pretty good! But I still like 300 an Immortals better!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol....that shit looks krazy! Def not for kids!!! :spit:

How can you leave out the movie Ted. I can't wait for Ted to come out.
http://youtu.be/VxKfC77XAp8

Never mind thought this thread was about coming soon or new movies not about reviews on movies. Any way I'm looking forward to seeing Ted.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I wanna see that Promethius! That looks good! I never could get into the men in black movies for some reason? They just don't do it for me. I have no interest in them.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I watched American reunion on Sunday. It was good. definitely held true to the American Pie series (not the straight to DVD ones). I enjoyed all 4. I think the second one was my least favorite.

This is going to be a good summer for movies.
Promethius
Lockout
Ted
Avengers
GI Joe (the first one was pretty bad but I think the new one will be alright since they fired the director)
The Dark Knight Rises
The Dictator
The Bourne Legacy
the remake of Total Recall with my Colin Farrell, Jessica Beil, and Kate Beckinsale

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thinkin about checkin that "Cabin in the woods" out? But it looks weird as hell! I'm not sure about it? A friend of mine who is a projectionist at the regal theater in my town said I could check it out for free. He said it's not too bad an not what you really think. He said I would have to just see it to see what it's about.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Went to check out "Lockout" last nite it wasn't too bad! A prison in outerspace? Might be a sign of things to come?:dontknow:

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Just watched Warrior, and i have to say i am not that into "boxing" movies, so i didnt have too high of hopes, but JEEZ. That was one hell of a movie. Definately towards the top of my list for all times. I mean they knew what they were doing when they made that movie. What did you guys think about that one?

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Also been wanting to see 21 jump street for a while. It looks hilarious from the previews, but havent had time to, and can't find a torrent for it that actually works ANYWHERE! What did you guys think about it?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I like the inspirational sports movies. I liked all the Rocky movies but the 5th (I choose to ignore its existance), remember the titans, varsity blues, the replacements, Above the Rim (pretty good if you haven't seen it). I really liked Warrior. It got bashed on by some critics because it was a fabricated story and most like a sports movie to have some kind of truth to it.

21 Jump Street was great. It doesn't stay true to the original. The tv show was a fairly serious drama. This is not. I put in on par with as funny as SuperBad which I really enjoyed. You can tell from the trailor is isn't a gritty drama but don't be expecting to be. It is advertised true to it form. It is funny all the way through is isn't one of those half-assed efforts were all the funny stuff in in the trailor.

Another really funny rewatchable movie is Project X. There is so much going on in that movie, you will be picking up new stuff in it for a several viewings. I will probably be getting that on the release date.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Yea, i cant wait to see 21 jump street. I have been looking for a torrent for soooo long since i havent had any time to go to the movies lately. But maybe ill get some time next time im home...

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I went to check out the Avengers this past wed at the Imax! INSTANT CLASSIC!!! One of the best movies I've ever seen! If you guys haven't seen it yet go see it! Not now but RIGHT NOW!! Don't wait for it to come out on video! This is must see at the theater! Simple amazing movie! The Hulk is fawkin shit up in this movie! I never seen the Thor movie so I didn't know what to expect , but Thor was catchin wreck with that hammer! I have to go see this again! :thumbsup:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,368 Posts
I went to check out the Avengers this past wed at the Imax! INSTANT CLASSIC!!! One of the best movies I've ever seen!
Wait till The Dark Night Rises. It will blow every movie out of the water for 2012

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Thor isn't as action packed as The Avengers or Iron Man. Because most don't know his story other than he is a norse god they had to do quite bit of back story. Since Locki(sp) was going to be the villian in the Avengers they had to explain a fair bit about him too. I liked it though. Natalie Portman and Kat Dennings are 2 of my favs so that is a definate plus.

I wasn't sure how the Avenger was going to be with all the hype. Iron Man, the Black Widow, the Hulk, Thor, and Hawkeye are allot charactors to try make signifant to the story without getting too slow paced for a action movie.Since they already had all the backstory told from the other movies they were ablle to jump right into the story. I had high expectations and they were exceeded. 2 thumbs up for the Avengers. I have see it twice. Once in Imax the other in a pretty crappy local theatre.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys have to go see the Avengers just to see Scarlette Johanson!!! Oh my goodness! She's so fawkin hot she melts the screen! :eyecrazy: :drool: I would put so much baby makin fluids up in her it would be a mess! An she's kickin ass in the movie!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't doubt that it won't be good, but it's gonna be hard to top this Avengers! Avengers was somethin serious! It went above an beyond my expectations!

Wait till The Dark Night Rises. It will blow every movie out of the water for 2012

1 - 20 of 578 Posts