Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bought a set of BST wheels after drooling over everybody else's for years ! Should have them by tues of next week!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice, I'm too cheap for those lol

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
^Me too lol! Look forward to the pictures.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Id get some, im not to cheap, i just dont want to take out another loan to get them.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill post pics in my build thread next week when I get them mounted up

·
ZX-10R enthusiast
6,556 Posts
Nice...there's at least half a dozen members here with CF wheels on the Gen4....

I've been eyeballing the 5spoke OZ Piega forged alum...

Sent via iPhone

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
I have Dymags and find them amazing! No probs at all, there will be some who say no good but thats life!If you ever get a chance to have a ride on a gen1v go for it and make your own mind up about cf rims:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I know of no less than 25 bikes around where I live that have BSTs and have had them for years on the street WITHOUT A SINGLE ISSUE! I'm sure someone somewhere has broke them but I can also tell you about a guy in school shop that fucked up an anvil!!!! There's people in this world that can fuck up hanging their self if they were to try..... First BST I ever saw was around 2001 or so what a friend was trying to be the BST importer for the whole US... He had a front wheel without a tire and would allow anyone to bounce it against the concrete like a basket ball!! I did this myself and watched it fly back up past my head by about 5 or 6 feet and the wheel was undamaged!!!!! Sure it had nicks from impacting the concrete but it wasn't broken anywhere... That wheel today sits in his office still and it's still unbroken... It's probably been slammed on the concrete more than 50 times by dozens of guys trying to break it and it's still unbroken!!! NO Aluminum or Mag wheel could take that... I'm sold and I also have BSTs that I use on a street bike and I have NO FEAR they will ever fail... People hyping failed BSTs are just a bunch of nay sayers looking to bash a superior product

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Using them for over 8 years with zero issues!!!

Last week i had a puncture at the highway going 170kmh, the tire instantly deflated.
The bike got heavy and started shaking abit, but hold a steady line until i stopped.
Expected much worse, because i had another puncture years ago with less speed on it and could not handle the bike, the shaking was unbelievable...

Money well spent!!!

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Congrats they are a great wheel set up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys,very excited.:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Funny the braking freeks you out, Comming up quick on set ov light and they start changeing down and you think have i got room to brake or do i gun it! You know when you are in two minds,so i brake fk me got heaps ov room! Honestly before i put cf rims it would ov stopped but would ov been hard on! You will crack a woody lol:):)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts