Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after hitting all around last night one of my fellow officers was shot in the line of duty responding to a domestic call. 12g buckshot blast to the face. Luckily the angel must have been close by because he was stabilized after a chopper flight and has been through most of his surgeries by now. condition is critical but stable.
A group of us was able to arrive very quickly and set up a perimeter to contain the jackass that did it, and after more officers arrived we conducted the search. Of course he took the chickensh*t way out and swallowed the last round he didnt shoot at officers.
Our officer is 27, married with two very young kids, please keep him, all officers and our military men and women in your thoughts.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's terrible. My thoughts go out! I sure hope he pulls through without any major permanent damage. What was the range of the shot?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guy set up ambush waiting. 2 cars, 3 officers responded as soon as he stepped out of the car the guy starting firing. range was about 15 yards, one officer returned fire towards the muzzle flash to surpress him until the other could extract the officer.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
My prayers go out to him and his family. Terrible thing to hear. Domestics are always are unpredictable. I hope that I or my fellow department members never encounter such a situation.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've got to say 1 amazing thing though. i was on scene with other officers in minutes, we cleared the house and set up a perimeter around the property, within 30 minutes other officers came and took over the perimeter so that we could organize the rest of the Tac Team and start the search. by the time we got to the temporary command center, organized our team, another arrived from a neighboring county and within the hour more than 100 officers from everywhere where on scene, ready. Guy didnt kill himself for over and hour so at least he got to see the world rain down on him

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
Sounds like your department really has their act together. Our chief just disbanded our SWAT team - "Budget Reasons" :headshake

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sadly last year a 15 year old killed one and severly wounded another officer in the very next county. even worse the wounded officer returned to work last Monday. We learned a lot from that incident and even more again from this. rule 1 for all our officers is have a carbine with a light attached and hodl the area until the calvary comes

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you know every officer i talk too says how easy we have it out in the country. last night was a freak example because we where doing traffic detail on a closed highway, otherwise units would have been 20min or more away. plus everybody out in the country hunts and has guns. if we wouldnt have contained him imagine tracking him in the woods on a full moon night.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
some very sad situations law enforcement are faced with when attempting to do their respective duties and as much as it sickens me to hear/read of such I know i couldn't do it.

BD

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hey guys i know none of you know me and only a few of us will probably ever meet but thanks for listening to my rantings. im trying to releax a little and kill time before heading down to the hospital and figured you'll be a good group to chat with. after a night like i had it helps to know that the world is still full of good people.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
hey guys i know none of you know me and only a few of us will probably ever meet but thanks for listening to my rantings. im trying to releax a little and kill time before heading down to the hospital and figured you'll be a good group to chat with. after a night like i had it helps to know that the world is still full of good people.
That's why we're all here. Times like this are difficult and I'm glad we're here to help you.

Keep us informed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts