Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm off to the track. I will post what I run today later. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
good luck brotha.. post up the times!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i'm back.......No 9s today!!!!! The best I ran today was a :

60ft: 1.8
330ft: 4.6
1/8: 6.8 @ 113
1/4: 10.2 @ 140

I keep trying to slip the damn clutch but I guess i'm doing something wrong. Can't seem to get that damn 60ft down to save my life. I will keep trying.

P.S. It was 97 degrees air temp. With a track temp of 143 degrees. It was "HOT" felt like I was in HELL!!!!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TX06'10r said:
Well, you will get there bro, no worries. Nice mph! Heat plays a big part to so as soon as fall comes, it will be on.
Hey TX,

I lived in San Antonio when I was a kid!!! My Grandparents live there...Well my grandfather, grandma died when I was a kid. They live on San Wacane Blvd. I also lived in the projects...The highschool is the Huskeys....Do you know where they are??? I didn't like it much....My father was white and my mother Mexican so they gave me alot of shit about it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
You went to holmes high, the holmes huskies, I know, thats off of ingram rd. Yea, that school is known for the hispanics there like me. You should stop by sometime for a few:beer: . The texas shootout is this saturday, should have some wicked bikes there, hopefully my 10 will be back on the road by then. Im getting my oil pan back tomorrow and then the stock exhaust goes back on and hopefully I will be pullin better mph, even though the 60 and 330ft is more important.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Bragg, I read in an earlier post you may be moving to Hunter Army Airfield? So let me know what's up, cause I'm not far from there and I believe I can help you more with your launch technique and get you in the 9's!!!

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ruthless Racing said:
Bragg, I read in an earlier post you may be moving to Hunter Army Airfield? So let me know what's up, cause I'm not far from there and I believe I can help you more with your launch technique and get you in the 9's!!!

RR,

The deleted me off of orders for HAA and now i'm going to Japan for 3 years!!!! I guess by the time I get back my bike will be old news...Gonna either take her or put her in storage for the time i'm over there. Sucks big time, but the Army pays the bills so I gotta go where they send me. Thanks for the offer though brother!!! If you ever need anything let me know.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bragg10r said:
RR,

The deleted me off of orders for HAA and now i'm going to Japan for 3 years!!!! I guess by the time I get back my bike will be old news...Gonna either take her or put her in storage for the time i'm over there. Sucks big time, but the Army pays the bills so I gotta go where they send me. Thanks for the offer though brother!!! If you ever need anything let me know.
That kinda sucks dude. If I was going to Japan for 3 years I'd take my bike and show them Japs how to drag race!!!!:helmet: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ruthless Racing said:
That kinda sucks dude. If I was going to Japan for 3 years I'd take my bike and show them Japs how to drag race!!!!:helmet: :thumbsup:

I agree.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
RR,

Bragg, you will be kicking yourself in the butt if you don't bring your bike. Damm, you have a chance to bring the 10 back to it's birth place...take her...many bikes should be out there. If you do bring the bike find out about the local laws concerning Military licenses for 1000cc bikes...I thought Japan had CC limits or at least they use to and don't know what they are now or how they apply to military members....but bottom line get the 10 back home
where it was born.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Army will pay for me to take it with me so I might bring it, I just don't want to bring it and have it sitting out in the weather for 3 years. They don't offer garages over there so I might have to reconsider............

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bluedevil said:
Bragg, you will be kicking yourself in the butt if you don't bring your bike. Damm, you have a chance to bring the 10 back to it's birth place...take her...many bikes should be out there. If you do bring the bike find out about the local laws concerning Military licenses for 1000cc bikes...I thought Japan had CC limits or at least they use to and don't know what they are now or how they apply to military members....but bottom line get the 10 back home
where it was born.:thumbsup:
I have to look into the Laws Bloo...Where you been??? You have not responded to any of my posts brother!!!!!!! Thought you were mad at me or something!!!!!! I believe they have laws over there about the amount of HP you can have on your bike.........I have to look into it.......good to hear from you Bloo...

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
The Army will pay for me to take it with me so I might bring it, I just don't want to bring it and have it sitting out in the weather for 3 years. They don't offer garages over there so I might have to reconsider............
Invest in a cover...you might have to replace some bearings here and there but damm If I could live in Guam for 2yrs with a less Aluminuim and little support for parts then you can too....it's Japan...they have all the parts that will fail.
Take the BIKE!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bluedevil said:
Invest in a cover...you might have to replace some bearings here and there but damm If I could live in Guam for 2yrs with a less Aluminuim and little support for parts then you can too....it's Japan...they have all the parts that will fail.
Take the BIKE!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup:
Alright damnit...you talked me into it!!!!! Now I'm gonna show these little japanese fugers how to drag race!!!!! LOL!!!!! They are probley running 7s over there!!!!!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
I have to look into the Laws Bloo...Where you been??? You have not responded to any of my posts brother!!!!!!! Thought you were mad at me or something!!!!!! I believe they have laws over there about the amount of HP you can have on your bike.........I have to look into it.......good to hear from you Bloo...
Don't know why you ever thought I was mad at you..:dontknow:...yeah you went off a couple of times but that was the :beer: talking...I do it sometimes..lol

Try to find members that have been to Japan in your unit or someone that knows a guy already riding in Japan with a bike to find out what you need if anything. Like I said I was in Guam in the dorms and no garage...things did break but with proper bike covers and care you should be alright...I was on a small Island and got all the salt water vapors to help me get some bike failures(the rust capital of the US territories)...you might be better off in Japan

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bluedevil said:
Don't know why you ever thought I was mad at you..:dontknow:...yeah you went off a couple of times but that was the :beer: talking...I do it sometimes..lol

Try to find members that have been to Japan in your unit or someone that knows a guy already riding in Japan with a bike to find out what you need if anything. Like I said I was in Guam in the dorms and no garage...things did break but with proper bike covers and care you should be alright...I was on a small Island and got all the salt water vapors to help me get a bike failures(the rust capital of the US territories)...you might be better off in Japan
The funny thing is nobody in my unit has been to Japan, and besides that nobody owns a bike that has ever been over seas!!!!!! I am one of the only people in my unit that owns a bike!!!!!! I will do the research and let you all know what I have to do to make it happen!!!!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
bragg10r said:
Now I'm gonna show these little japanese fugers how to drag race!!!!! LOL!!!!! They are probley running 7s over there!!!!!!
Might better watch some of those japs, they'll probably have a weight advantage. :thumbsup:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
bragg10r said:
The funny thing is nobody in my unit has been to Japan, and besides that nobody owns a bike that has ever been over seas!!!!!! I am one of the only people in my unit that owns a bike!!!!!! I will do the research and let you all know what I have to do to make it happen!!!!!
Do more investigating but found this link on the Internet:

http://www.lewis.army.mil/jppso/Japan.htm

scroll down to "Motorcycles and Mopeds"..there are DSN#s you can call. I would call those guys and ask the questions for the requirements of bringing your 1000cc motorcyce..if there are different laws for over 1000cc then remember the 10 is actually a 998cc bike and falls under that catagory. Good luck. bloo

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ruthless Racing said:
Might better watch some of those japs, they'll probably have a weight advantage. :thumbsup:

Yes but they would need training wheels because they are so short!!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!:mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts