Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning on taking my new 2013 zx10r out to the strip tonight which is completely stock at the moment to see what it does as a starting point before the mods start to happen.

Any tips on what sort of rpm to launch at and weather or not to use traction control if so what setting to use.
Also whats the average sort of times for a completely stock bike.

I previously had a 2011 R1 that had the standard length swingarm on and also had -1 +2 with a tune and had the front strapped. I found launching this at around 4500 - 5000 rpm was its sweet spot.

Will post times when I get home or through out the night.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I launch at around 6k but I'm no pro. In stock form the bike is slow off the line youve really gotta work with the clutch to keep the rpms up. I never had mine to the strip stock and had never had a sport bike on the strip before so I'm constantly improving still. I'm at 3,500ft and running 10.7's now. At the track I go to that's what busas with similar mods are running but they are lowered mine is still stock height.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I just got home from the strip I had 12 runs and the best for the night. My best time ended up being a 10.455 @144.95mph and my Best mph hour for the night was 146.11mph. My best 60ft time was 1.934.
I think it did alright with the bike being stock.
Now for the mods to start and see how I cam progress

·
Registered
790 Posts
That is bad ass. How much do you weigh and what elevation are you at?

·
Registered
669 Posts
That's a really good time and mph for a stock ZX!
Sounds like you know what your doing out there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
I reckon I could get it down a little more if I took it out again soon.
The elevation is roughly between 160ft and 190ft and I weigh 83kg or 183 lbs.

last year I had my r1 out at the strip quite abit but this is only the 3rd time out this year And first time on the zx.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What times did your R1 run? How do you like the change
With the R1 the best i got was was a 9.928 @144.xx MPH.
That was with 1 down 2 up on the sprockets ,520 chain conversion ,custom tune, quick shifter, and lowering straps on the front.

Tonight i managed to get a new p.b on the zx10 and that was a 10.228 @ 145 MPH. Ive only got -1 +2 sprockets, yoshi 3/4 exhaust and a tune that was from someone else bike.( running abit on the rich side down low).

So far i am liking the change very muchly. i have no regrets at all going from the r1 to the zx10

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Nice times indeed. Keep up the good work.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
With the R1 the best i got was was a 9.928 @144.xx MPH.
That was with 1 down 2 up on the sprockets ,520 chain conversion ,custom tune, quick shifter, and lowering straps on the front.

Tonight i managed to get a new p.b on the zx10 and that was a 10.228 @ 145 MPH. Ive only got -1 +2 sprockets, yoshi 3/4 exhaust and a tune that was from someone else bike.( running abit on the rich side down low).

So far i am liking the change very muchly. i have no regrets at all going from the r1 to the zx10
There is nothing worse than someone talking times and not giving bike and rider weight it makes a HUGE difference......can you give those details I think that matters the most when talking 1ks? ...thanks in advance :wink:

bloo

·
Registered
145 Posts
There is nothing worse than someone talking times and not giving bike and rider weight it makes a HUGE difference......can you give those details I think that matters the most when talking 1ks? ...thanks in advance :wink:

bloo
Apparently you didn't see post #7, which gives said info.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Apparently you didn't see post #7, which gives said info.
thanks I missed that my bad I thought something was seriously wrong when I seen the times I have been 148mph on a 1st Gen with much more weight and stock exhaust no quick shifter........so excuse my skepticism :crackup::mod_smilie_hey_you::thumbsup: ...BUT of course OP very good running keep it up!!! :eek:ccasion14:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Went back out again tonight after I got my lowering strap brackets. I managed to run a [email protected]
So with a bit more practice with the strap I reckon I can definitely get better than that.

I might also get my self a adjustable link for the rear aswell as changing the sprockets again.

Does anyone have some input with what gearing would suit 1/4 mile. I am currently running -1 +2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts