Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My OEM quick shifter is absolute garbage. Using it creates some serious suspension issues from front to back, and I'm assuming it is because it is so slow. I can shift way faster using the normal preload shifter and throttle off/on without upsetting the bikes suspension. How do I fix this?

Yes my front suspension is set hard (not max), my rear is also set hard, but my preload is .... I don't know... I'm guessing hard as well because the bike barely sags when I sit on it. I'm a heavy dude. 210lbs.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My OEM quick shifter is absolute garbage. Using it creates some serious suspension issues from front to back, and I'm assuming it is because it is so slow. I can shift way faster using the normal preload shifter and throttle off/on without upsetting the bikes suspension. How do I fix this?

Yes my front suspension is set hard (not max), my rear is also set hard, but my preload is .... I don't know... I'm guessing hard as well because the bike barely sags when I sit on it. I'm a heavy dude. 210lbs.
more information is required, whats happening when you shift with the QS?? sounds more like your suspension is setup incorrectly than anything else

·
Registered
197 Posts

It's not the actual quickshifter but the cut times that are set in the software. Is your ECU flashed!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only ones I've ridden were flashed, and they were amazingly smooth (up and down since they had autoblip loaded). I'll be testing mine on April 9, but again, it's flashed...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's not the actual quickshifter but the cut times that are set in the software. Is your ECU flashed!Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No my ECU is not flashed. I think you are correct in that it is the cut times - very slow. I'm considering disabling my KQS until I flash the ECU, and can control it. In terms of the experience I have, the KQS is inconsistent in the cut time, which unsettles the suspension (same as if you cut the throttle, and then cracked it). Maybe I'm not using KQS correctly. After a little experience with it, I now just apply firm and constant pressure when upshifting until it has shifted into the next gear. This is opposed to my original technique where I would just "bang" it hard once and not keep pressure on the shifter. Problem is though, my original technique would sometimes not engage the KQS entirely and it wouldn't shift up.

Not sure what you're doing but the g4 needs no quick shifter.
No g needs fast foot bumper

·
Registered
7 Posts
Interestingly when my bike was on the dyno being remapped the downshifter worked but didn't on the road. The guy that did the remap (Geoff at Hilltop Motorcycles) reckons he can activate the auto blipper with a resistor and a bit of wiring, total cost of a few pence. He didn't have any resistors when I was there but I intend to go back and get that activated soon. If he's correct then it means people paying $400 are being robbed blind!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have to say initially I was rapt in the OEM quickshifter but the more I experience the bike at fast speeds/higher RPMs the less I am impressed.

I'll be getting the ECU Flashed (probably Woolich) when I can afford it so hopefully that'll help.

Hypa

·
Registered
576 Posts
Those were the same issues I was having. In addition, just the slack feel from it sucked. There are a couple corners we have at a local track here where we short shift while leaned over, the lack of a solid switch often left me wondering "did it catch?" In the middle of races, I don't want to have to think about how hard I need to press down.

With the WR switch, there's no question at all! Love it!

Although, I am yet to really mess with the kill times enough, I have a little bit and haven't found what I like. You mind sharing a range that you seem happy with for comparison purposes?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Can someone quote me a price on the upgraded sensor? What setting are y'all using for woolich higher then 100 or lower than 100

1 - 20 of 55 Posts