Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My girlfriend picked my up an oil filter for my 09 10R and when she told the parts guy the bike that it was for, he said "oh yeah, they're all the same", which worries me. Is he saying the zx-10 filter is the same as the zx-6r filter? I am using the OEM kawi filter for the initial 600 mile service as per Kawasaki's recommendation. The part number that I got is

16097-0004

I'm worried because the mechanic that's doing my 600 mile service is far from home and doesn't stock OEM filters. I don't want to ride all the way there, have him start the service, and then find out that this is the wrong filter.

Anyone know if this is indeed the correct oil filter for an 09 10r? I looked through my user manual and the downloaded service manual (thanks Volks) and no one lists the part number.

Thanks!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Yep that's correct. Looking at my oem now....P/no. 16097 - 0004 :hello:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great, thanks :)

what did the parts guy mean when he said "they're all the same"? all kawi's use the same filter? all zx-10's use the same filter? just curious.

·
Registered
226 Posts
this is the most comon oil filter in the motocycle industry . As far as i know all Kawasaki sportbikes from 2004 use the same filters . Also the same filter for all YAMAHA sportbikes .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow, i'm surprised that a zx-10 would use the same filter as the zx-6. I'd think maybe the bigger engine might need a higher capacity filter. interesting.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,760 Posts
Same filter as my 2000 ZX-7R as well. They've changed a couple of things in the filter design since then, but the part numbers get superceded to the 16097-0004 part.

FYI - The Purolator cross-reference is PL14612 or PL14610 (long filter) if you want to go aftermarket and cheaper than OEM.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I heard the Purelator is one of the best none oem filters.

BTW the Honda Genuine parts oil filter 15410-MCJ-505 works too :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts