Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find a rebuild how to, which I am sure someone covered somewhere on this site, I am just having trouble finding it.

I am sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that the oem version of unit on 2006-2008 10R does not have the same stiffness settings levels that the aftermarket version one does.

However I am sure someone figured out what they did different in the oem version. :)

Anyone? Thanks! :heyyou:

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I believe a few members have sent theirs out to Dan Kyle Racing for modification. Thats where I plan on sending mine over the winter. Just a little :eek:t: but your avatar is sweet.

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
i think the reason for the low settings is for newbies that dont know, or are not used to having one. keeps people from having it cranked down to thehighest setting, and pulling into a parking lot and falling over cause they cant turn the handlebars. i immediately noticed it was weak, i run mine all the way in, and it still does not offer a lot of damping. the last one i had on my last bike(street and competition top mount) on my gsxr, would tighten to the point you could not turen the bars. may not be the real reason but if you think about it, it makes sense. i do plan on having mine rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I believe a few members have sent theirs out to Dan Kyle Racing for modification. Thats where I plan on sending mine over the winter. Just a little :eek:t: but your avatar is sweet.
:+1: The only way to go. Dan did mine and it works great:thumbsup:

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
My stock ohlins blew out on me twice, so I just sold it an got a Scotts aftermarket damper.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the info, I am going to try to rebuild it via ninja44 way and I will let you guys know how I make out if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thank you for the info, I am going to try to rebuild it via ninja44 way and I will let you guys know how I make out if anyone is interested.
Cant wait to see...I have a scotts on my 10 right now but the old dampner is laying around somewhere. Figure if you get it right i will try too...:lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts