Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a ticket for 127 in a 65 on that day......

Havent heard shit til today, got a letter.........

Dismissed mfers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:eek:ccasion1

Time to celebrate!

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
Holy heck ... Around here, that sort of thing (about 100 km/h over the limit) will get your vehicle seized for a week (you pay the towing and impound - usually about $1000), the fine is minimum $2000 (on top of the impound), the lawyer will cost a few thousand more to keep you out of jail or a $10,000 fine, and take one guess what the insurance company is going to do to you! And the crown prosecutors do NOT dismiss those charges on a whim, either.

I hate Ontario.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Holy heck ... Around here, that sort of thing (about 100 km/h over the limit) will get your vehicle seized for a week (you pay the towing and impound - usually about $1000), the fine is minimum $2000 (on top of the impound), the lawyer will cost a few thousand more to keep you out of jail or a $10,000 fine, and take one guess what the insurance company is going to do to you! And the crown prosecutors do NOT dismiss those charges on a whim, either.

I hate Ontario.
You have got to be kidding - holy reaming Batman! :whip2:

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
No Doubt, here in Mississippi.
You and the bike would have went to jail and paid a hefty fine and impound
fee. Then wait for the insurance company to ream ya.
If and when you got your d/l back.

So either out run em or ride slower.

·
Registered
512 Posts
When I lived in Hawaii, I heard rumors of a guy who apparently went over 100mph in a 55. He somehow had an expert witness come to court and prove to the judge that there are instances where a motorcycle will need to go that fast to avoid hazards. The case was dismissed and he got his license back.

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
No Doubt, here in Mississippi.
You and the bike would have went to jail and paid a hefty fine and impound
fee. Then wait for the insurance company to ream ya.
If and when you got your d/l back.

So either out run em or ride slower.
Funny you speak of Mississippi. I happen to know somebody that ran there, they shut down I-10 just to catch him. He went to jail, have seen him many times since then (still has that ZX-6) but never bothered asking what all came of it.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Funny you speak of Mississippi. I happen to know somebody that ran there, they shut down I-10 just to catch him. He went to jail, have seen him many times since then (still has that ZX-6) but never bothered asking what all came of it.
A couple of years ago there was 12 navy guys on I-10 coming from florida towards Mississippi.
They got to the causeway over the bay in Mobile Alabama. A cop went after then for speeding and they hauled ass. The cops called ahead and had the tunnel closed, stopped traffic dead. They had nowhere to go and the po po rolled up on em nice and easy and safely and proceeded to take all of em and their bikes to jail.

Lesson in this : There are smarter ways to do things so nobody gets hurt.

·
Registered
202 Posts
sounds like your lawyer worked some magic buddy!

no shit, here in Western Australia if you are caught for 45km/hr (27m/hr) over the speed limit it is a 7 day impound of the vehicle, something like a $2000 fine, and your licence will be suspended for 3 months. :(

·
Team Green Baby!
1,518 Posts
Around my parts here in New England, cops/staties are a little more lenient or forgiving if you're respectful to them and show some remorse *knock on wood*. Normally that would mean an automatic impound, license suspended, jailed and a nice fine.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Here in NC it all depends on the cop and because so many of them ride here you really can get away with a lot compared to most places I've lived. Was talking to a local cop here one day and he said he has no choice but to ticket you if you're playing around in a high traffic area, but he also said if a guy wants to play with his bike and push it, to do it with common sense away from traffic. He also said as long as the safety of others is not jeopardized, most cops will look the other way.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts