Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Removed the secondaries on my bike the other day..and I will say the throttle seems to be ALOT more responsive under 5000rpm...but..now I notice when I accelerate hard from low rpms (under 3000) i get a rattle sound (doesnt sound like rod knock though) from the lower end of the motor...By hard acceleration..i mean let the clutch out like coming away from a light or making a right turn...get rolling a bit and just roll into it hard. It doesnt do it at all if i just ease on the throttle or get over a certain rpm...i can roll at like 4000rpm and just dump the throttle and theres no 'rattle' noise....anyone else experience this???:dontknow:

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
One way to find out: fill up with higher octane fuel and put in some octane boost for good measure, and see if it changes.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One way to find out: fill up with higher octane fuel and put in some octane boost for good measure, and see if it changes.
I always run 93...and never really noticed it before I took the flys out..Kinda leary about octane boost stuff...heard one too many 'stories' lol.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Octane boost wont hurt anything. Try it. Could be you are way too lean now without the flies and they primarily affect sub 5k rpm.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Octane boost wont hurt anything. Try it. Could be you are way too lean now without the flies and they primarily affect sub 5k rpm.
ok..ill give it a shot then...I know i dont add a whole bottle...lol. If it IS because of a lean issue..should I notice a difference in the first tank??

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Mine did the same thing, do not mess with the octane boost in the bottle, waste of money, I had to adjust my ignition timing maps little bit to clear it up. The reason it's pinging because the engine is getting more air and it's under more load at lower rpms and stock ignition timing is too agressive for that.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If your removed the secondaries you have to have it remapped !!!! no reason for octane booster. you have stock compression and timing.

you need a fuel and ignition maps.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda figured I'd need a new tune. Need to save up some $$ and have it done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts