Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what should happen if you steal a ZX10R.. :diablo_an

A suspected thief screams as villagers set fire to his legs after stripping him and tying him to a cross in Pelileo Grande, Ecuador, 75 miles south of Quito.
Mario Quishpe had been caught stealing and locals took summary justice. A priest, along with other villagers, extinguished the flames and he was taken to hospital where his burns were treated.

Full Story: http://www.dailygut.com/

Attachments

·
Banned
1,052 Posts
Sounds like fair punishment to me. When one of my bikes was stolen, I wanted a lot worse than little burns to happen to the scumbag who did it.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
..wasn't it in one of the arab/eastern countries where they used to cut off a hand/finger of someone caught steeling? The thought process was a thief would be less likely to take something of someone else's after such a punishment...

D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Thats what they should do here. I bet the crime rate would drop.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
S.ga.rider said:
Thats what they should do here. I bet the crime rate would drop.
:+1:

·
Registered
696 Posts
BigDally said:
..wasn't it in one of the arab/eastern countries where they used to cut off a hand/finger of someone caught steeling? The thought process was a thief would be less likely to take something of someone else's after such a punishment...

D
And yet it does not deter them. But for me there is a difference between stealing a ZX10 here in America and stealing for food or to keep yourself alive in a third world country (as an example).

Obviously the guys legs in the above picture are fake, btw. This is just a photo stunt and I call BS on the story.

Seriously, when I see people here advocating punishment like this for criminals in the US it makes me wonder what it is that makes us better than these other countries. Here in America you have a right to a fair trial and are innocent until proven guilty. If you are proven guilty, then we have levels of punishment to fit the crime that may not be perfect, but do elevate us and our society above the savagary and backwards ass laws that other countries still use.

I'm frankly disappointed in some of you here. And don't talk to me about not knowing what it's like to have something stolen blah blah. I would love to see the guys who stole my bike get nailed and punished- but I am not in favor using torture on them just to fulfill some immature blood lust I may have to see them physically suffer for what they did.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
IMO, punishment should be gradually increased until the intended detterent level is reached. If the punishment for speeding was a nickel, I'd speed all the time. If the punishment for speeding was death, I'd pretty much drive 10 MPH under the limit, just to be safe. Somewhere in between those extremes is a level of punishment that is just right. That could be done for most crime.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts