Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is something I just started noticing on my last ride and I wasn't sure if it was anything to even think about but I definitely wanted to ask because maybe it's normal maybe it was always therE..

If I start from my stop and I start giving a partial throttle acceleration when I go to pull the clutch in and let off the throttle I hear a single exhaust pop and then I shift into the next gear , accelerate, pull the clutch in, let off the throttle and I hear a pop in the exhaust again. Sounds just like one single exhaust pop almost like a single backfire and this only happened a few times is that normal. Keep in mind I have a full Akra exhaust and Woolwich custom tune

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,701 Posts
But no block off plates. That's the reason.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those were the butterfly things that were in the stock exhaust correct?

·
Registered
434 Posts
no those are on the valve cover. my zx10 always popped here and there its somewhat normal depending on mods.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't even know if the dealer removed the block off plates when they did the mods and tune... I'll have to ask

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I love exhaust pops. They make me laugh every time I hear them. :lol: what SkyDork said though, block off plates for the air injection system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts