Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2017 ZX10R
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
LoL! I was thinking same thing but I don't own a gen 5 and @SkyDork seems to know a lot more than me. Did some more digging and looking at the service manual for the 2016 zx10r it shows the honeycomb type catalyst in the premuffler/prechamber. So that would put the O2 sensor before the Catalyst.

View attachment 448672
This is what I was looking for! Thanks. Now the question….is a tune required with the 10R if the pre-chamber/cat is removed? Of course I know that it’s recommended in order to etch out additional performance but required as in the sense that in the long run it causes engine/valve damage if not addressed with a fuel remapping due to leaner conditions.

In this post. Gen 5: 2016-2020 - ZX10R & some general questions the answer is that a tune isn’t required but I just wanted a confirmation from those who are familiar with this bike.

Thanks in advance.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,705 Posts
Was I wrong about that cat location? No Way! That would a first. ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: OK, I'll have to double check my info again. I'm not admitting I'm wrong, but I'm probably incorrect. :p:cry: I just made a reservation at a Holiday Inn Express. Hopefully that will help me.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts