Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of the oldtimers might remember O.Z. making a sweet set of motorcycle wheels in the late 90's, then they discontinued their motorcycle wheel line, well they are back, and making a pretty sweet styled wheel, they have all year ZX-10R fitments and can probably be had through site sponsers at a discounted price. take a look!
http://www.motowheels.com/italian/m...display=0&filterFor=&collection=1341|Kawasaki

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
oh my, those are sexy. wow. i need them stat.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
They seem kind of high priced when you can get Marchesini forged mag for $1800 a set! but they look sic!

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
sex on wheels! literally

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
They seem kind of high priced when you can get Marchesini forged mag for $1800 a set! but they look sic!
is that 1G each? for the oz? whew

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO, where in the world are you finding March Mags for 1800 a set, they retail for like close to 4K these days. Shit the Aluminum March's go for over 2300. We are talking retail here, cause thats all I got on the O.Z.'s I am sure Superbike Supply can beat Motowheels by a good margin if anyone is serious about them.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
LMAO, where in the world are you finding March Mags for 1800 a set, they retail for like close to 4K these days. Shit the Aluminum March's go for over 2300. We are talking retail here, cause thats all I got on the O.Z.'s I am sure Superbike Supply can beat Motowheels by a good margin if anyone is serious about them.
eBAY! all day long man! I got a new set off there last year for $1800 + shipping

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
9r to 10r, the March Mags are not really good to run on the street though are they? but then when you look at the overall weight savings of after market forged alum vs oem aluminum, not really worth it. unless you do get the mag or carbon. not that im getting any wheels soon, but would be nice to know.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
eBAY! all day long man! I got a new set off there last year for $1800 + shipping

Come on man, you are comparing apples to oranges, yeah you may have got lucky and found a set of close out mags on ebay that had been leftover or returned, and deals are to be had, but whats to say you can not find the same deals on anything, so not really a fair complaint about price. You got to look at retail vs retail price. And the O.Z's are competivly priced with all the other brands, even the POS carozzerias are close to 2K retail.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
9r to 10r, the March Mags are not really good to run on the street though are they? but then when you look at the overall weight savings of after market forged alum vs oem aluminum, not really worth it. unless you do get the mag or carbon. not that im getting any wheels soon, but would be nice to know.
The main issue is they are not DOT, TUV, or JWL street aproved. The older cast mags had a very bad reputation for short lifespans and hairline cracks. But I have never really heard about any serious issues with modern Forged Magnesium wheels. There are tons of sets out there and plenty of guys that run them on the street.

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
Come on man, you are comparing apples to oranges, yeah you may have got lucky and found a set of close out mags on ebay that had been leftover or returned, and deals are to be had, but whats to say you can not find the same deals on anything, so not really a fair complaint about price. You got to look at retail vs retail price. And the O.Z's are competivly priced with all the other brands, even the POS carozzerias are close to 2K retail.
look on ebay it;s not worth my time to look but there on there all the time! they come out of OZ I think! and the shop sellsthem for like $200 over cost!

·
Blitzkrieg
4,473 Posts
thanks for the reply. but basically that would be the way to get the true benefit out of them, get the magnesium, or go with the carbon.

·
SPLAT!!!
2,340 Posts
Those OZ's look super nice i like 'em alot. 2200 shipped march mag 17" zx10 rims 04-05 and 06-09 on ebay right now! man i wish i had money!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Those black wheels are sick, to bad they are so pricey.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Those oz wheels are some of the nicest I've seen. Whats so bad about the carozzerias. I happened to like one of the styles. Are they just not durable? And speaking of duriablity I'd assume oem wheels are the best but what comes next? Is it the aftermarket alum, or is it carbon? I'm planning on getting new wheels next summer god permitting.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those oz wheels are some of the nicest I've seen. Whats so bad about the carozzerias. I happened to like one of the styles. Are they just not durable? And speaking of duriablity I'd assume oem wheels are the best but what comes next? Is it the aftermarket alum, or is it carbon? I'm planning on getting new wheels next summer god permitting.

I had them and was not all that impressed, first the spacers were not machined correct, the axle was getting bound up going in the back wheel, so I had to ever so slightly machine one of the rear spacers so the axle would fit. THe front wheel is machined with almost no drop center make removing and replacing the front tire a nightmare. I ordered a set of the V-star wheels and recieved a front with 5 spokes and a rear with 6, WTF, I contacted them and was told that was normal, but I have seen otehr zx-10r sets with matching sets of either, I was pisssed. The anodizing on them is spotty and turns purple after exposure to UV rays. Just a shitty low rent outfit IMHO. Oh and the front wheel is designed to use the stock spacers and they just kinda hover on the axle in between the bearings, in other words they do not fit down inside the bearing, that was kinda a pain in the ass removing and replacing the front wheel.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts