Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody from NW Montana on this site other then me!!!!!?????:dontknow:

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i will be making it down that way this summer for sure, so we will have to get together for a ride down in zootown!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice, thats actually were i live i just say kalispell cause nobody's knows about cfalls

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it was until i traded it for a '65 Plymouth satellite pro-street, its fucking sick!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awww i wish it was a hemi, but she just has a nasty 440 sorry for the small pic but photobucket is being gay!
sat.jpg

·
Registered
272 Posts
I heard you guys have no speed limit on the highway, is that true ?

Have you ever ridden the "Highway to the Sun" in Glacier National Park ? I heard it's a hoot.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Nothin' wrong with a nasty 440 wedge :badteeth:

Had no speed limit for a while - sorta - it was supposed to be "reasonable and prudent". That was the MT highway speed limit before the national 55mph mess. When the authority was given back to state government, that's what MT reverted to - untill the next legislative session rolled around anyway.

Really nice in theory, but the problem with that was there was a lot of room for interpretation on just what speed exactly might be unreasonable and imprudent. One guy might be defying death in a '73 CJ5 with bad tie rods, shitty brakes an 8" lift and giant super swampers going 70mph - but the guy going 95mph in a new corvette gets a ticket...

Rant off - let me see if I can find a Going to the Sun Highway pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no we used to not have a speed limit right when i got my license they put one in fucking gay...

And that really is a road but it called "going to the sun road" and it is a fun very fun road to ride lots of corners and amazing sights...everybody needs to ride this road!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I read about it 10 or 15 years ago in one of the mags. Sounded liek fun. It was ranked one of the 10 best motorcycle rides in the world as I recall.

My wife and I are going to pick up a couple of BMW GS's in the lower 48 and ride them up the alcan to Alaska in a couple years. We're going to make a 3 week thing out of it and I want to come ride the road.

Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It's a really impressive road, but keep in mind that it's in a national park and it's a "touristy" ride - not a tire melter. But - the scenery is worth looking at, and you won't be bored going slow.

A couple other roads that have received magazine attention are the Beartooth pass and Lolo pass (in my avatar).

·
Registered
272 Posts
Cool man, thanks.

That's exactly what we are getting the "camping" bikes for.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts