1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Give 'em hell...they deserve it.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Best thing I have read about DMG in a while. Don't think American roadracing will ever be good with them running it.

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
I agree with everything in that editorial.

The big question now, is what DMG is going to do about it. I don't know if they grasp the meaning of the word "listen".

Roger Edmondston should probably go, but in most organizations, it's rather against the grain for the head honcho to fire himself.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
I think the guy who wrote that did a very good job.. Im wondering just how many teams really plan on racing next season after all the drama this season ?????? I see Chaz Davies is done with AMA/DMG hes been picked up for WSS on the triumph team... with McCoy as his team mate..

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
awesome article. i'd really like to hear that recording he talked about. it's too bad, b/c i just started watching motorcycling racing bakc in 2005 and to see it go down hill so fast, is unbelievable. I'm glad we have WSBK.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Execllent article! Npw let's get on with the resignations...:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I got hooked with Russell, Chandler & Duhamel all them guys going elbow to elbow and its a damn shame to see what happened

·
Registered
10,362 Posts
RIP AMA. I knew nascrap would ruin the race and i said it in the beginning. Caught hell from other people saying that nascrap has the money and tv time. it will help the series. The family that owen nascrap. look at what they did to that series. nascrap was great in the 70's and 80's. now, it just a big side show.

·
Registered
890 Posts
hayden you are correct ... the average motorcycle fan might not have the technical savy to understand why the twins need a displacement advantage ove a 4cyl engine . And the torque differances that effect handling . BUT the NASCAR fan is a WHOLE new animal. I was at a race in a famous drivers pit /public relations area and the avid fans knew if the driver wore boxers or briefs , what they liked for breakfast ect . As far as the car was concerned I had to LITERALLY ask at least 15 people before I could get the displacent of the engine!!. The motorcycle fan is a more educated crowd that knows the brands and the matchups Yes they actually did a god job with the buell as a whole . if you put hackings 600 and eslicks 1125 up on a dyno I would give odds that they are pretty dam close on HP . Eslick IS getting drive from more torque ( inherant in any twin ) but the 600s definatly have an advantage in the handling dept..... All that aside its ok to adjust requirements to make for closer racing . But lets treat the motorcycle fan as a motorcycle fan . PS im not a brand loyal guy so if they are adjusting the rules do it across the board . Triumph was left out in the cold . A triple might not have such a large inherant disadvantage as a twin in reguards to racing 4cylinders , but it is there non the less . And if they are determined to have the good ole boys ( Ricky Bobby and bufford show up at the races with a rusty pickup , gun rack in rear window lol) let someone Harleys air cooled, pushrod,tractor motor with whatever displacement and modifications it needs ( and thats ALOT I know lol). At Daytona this year people in the stands thought the XB12R Firebolt was winning . They went balistic!! Guys this sint the first time the AMA has pissed off the teams and manufacturs . Back in the late 80s early 90s they where on the brink of mass exodus to WERA

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
And so the soap opera continues. Sounds just like last year all over again.

·
Registered
890 Posts
A person in honda usa marketing told me Honda wants to have the smallest model line up as possable. Honda just wants out of USA. not that honds is buddies with DMG either

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A person in honda usa marketing told me Honda wants to have the smallest model line up as possable. Honda just wants out of USA. not that honds is buddies with DMG either
Honda doesn't want out of the USA - but they do want to thin their model lines. They are trying to make it easier on their dealers in this tough time, unlike some other manufacturers still trying to load dealers up on inventory. Honda doesn't have the strongest dealer network on accident - and they aren't about to let that change.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Roger E has posted on the WERA forum for anyone that cares to dig through and find it...but he does talk alot about the things from this article. It would be a good read for some of you to find it and read what HE has to say....let's hope that the things he is changing will make the series better for next year......

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
it is under the post titled "JRP has a new ride" on page 7 or 8 IIRC....or somewhere around there....

1 - 20 of 37 Posts