Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that 2 nights ago the guy who parks his bike 1 foot behind mine at my condo got his bike stolen :headshake

the guy who stole it got caught a few hours later, but now im scared.....took me forever to find the bike i wanted, i would hate to have it stolen

fuck i hate theives, get a fucking job and do somthing with your life other than take from people who work for thier shit.

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
I did the park under a roof at the condo thing for a while too, then my 10 got stolen, I swore I would never do it again and to be honest man you SHOULD be scared. The theives are only going to get worse the closer we get to summer.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I did the park under a roof at the condo thing for a while too, then my 10 got stolen, I swore I would never do it again and to be honest man you SHOULD be scared. The theives are only going to get worse the closer we get to summer.
dude, in my area along the md/va/dc area there have been 5 thefts that I personally know of.

LOCK THAT SHIT UP!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
My bud's got stolen right in front of his town home in Va. My suggestion is if you can't house it, lock it up with a disk lock, cable, some chain, and put an alarm on it. You can even lojack it. No amount of money is too large to give yourself some piece of mind. I lived in a condo and kept mine in the dining room. Made for some good conversation too.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,720 Posts
When I lived in a apartment i only kept my bike in the Apartment, the management was not crazy about it, but when I confronted them with all the bikes that were getting stole and told them the only way I was staying was with my bike inside, they backed off and let it slide, pretty cool.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I know keeping a bike inside is the best but only in a garage if possible. My step dad is a fire chief. He had an apartment fire a few years ago and one of his men was headed in when a loud explosion happens and knocked him out. Luckily he lived with just some bruising. The apartment that was on fire was parking 2 bikes inside. (Against fire codes in most cities) It ended up spreading the fire to surrounding apartments and burning down allot of other peoples stuff as well. I know we all want to protect our bikes but the last I heard the other tenants had got together and were suing the guy who had the bikes in the apartment. So be careful with storing it somewhere other than your garage. :wink:

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
My suggestion is if you can't house it, lock it up with a disk lock, cable, some chain, and put an alarm on it. You can even lojack it. No amount of money is too large to give yourself some piece of mind.
From Not Enough Locks In The World! My Bike Is Gone....:
"I Did Everything I Could, Without Sleeping Under It.

Two Cable Locks, Two Disc Locks, And The Oe Fork Lock.......
They Got Both Cables Off, And Removed The Front Disc Lock , And Then At Some Point When They Couldn't Get The Rest Off The Locks Handled......i Imagine They Picked That Shit Up And Ran With It."

·
Registered
125 Posts
yah...no kidding...apparently they have PORTABLE HYDRAULIC BOLT CUTTER!!!! CRIPES!!!...I'm scared too.

The sad part is...they prolly do what they do because it pays better than making an honest living and they don't get boned by the government with taxes. I on the otherhand make an honest living, got shafted on my tax returns because I made too much money last year, yet I can't even afford a place with a garage to keep my bike safe from jackass thieves.

The cherry on top of all that is...9 times out of 10...the cops can do nothing at all to help you. The damn thieves got it made. :headshake

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Man not cool , nows the time to electrify the area and fry those feckers big time

1 - 13 of 13 Posts