Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all . I was thinking of getting an MV Agusta F4 312 just for the fact that I never had owned one before and wanted to get knowlage first hand from owners . So I went onto HTTP://www.mvagusta.net told them the bikes I owned which are a Kawasaki ZX14 , 2 xb12r Firebolts ( total race bikes to make compettitve with a stock semi stock japanese bike had to make the Harley ancore engine so radical they arnt streetable, factory race parts , parts from europoe youve never seen they race the there alot because of great handling) KTM990 adventure, a buell 1125 , and a 1998 Roadking two tone retro look with jims 2200cc worked Harely engine . Each bike has a certain strong point , ... ZX10 Power , buells handling ect . So I asked compared to a GXXR1000( nothing the best but good all around ) what performance advantages does the MVAgusta Have ? these guys are such pompass asses they said the MV Agusta is SO good it makes the other bikes look like junk.. I GUESS THEY GOT EXPOSED FOR HAVING A BIKE THAT COST ALOT OF MONEY AND DOES NOTHING OUTSTANDING IN IT CLASS. Now I know why you guys had that feud awhle back Jake

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW I now want come across an MV rider on a set of twisties so I can blitz him then down the road stop and have a ciggarette as he comes by lol. I dont know which bike to use they dislike the Buells ( more agile a ride ) or use the zx14( I might have to hang my nuts out on that one to get the job done lol) because they HATE anything that says NINJA period . If you didnt notice I HATE phonies . I might have a few buck tucked away now. But when I was first married( three kids ) ..I was so poor I wanted someone to break into my house so I could mug him !!! lol I still am not afraid of getting my hands dirty and doing hard work . Thanks for letting me vent Jake

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I have a MV and its a nice bike, fit finish and handling are better out of the box than the 10R but performance wise they are really close. If I didn't get a smokin' deal on my F4 I would have never bought it. Great bike but not superior in anything except looks really.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry 05 , I just was a little poed with the MV site for just being outright ignorant . I didnt take much care in my posting ........KONICHD thank you . Your answer was what I was looking for. If the MV stood head and shoulders in its class glaring faults or anything inbetween . Just a plain honest review . They where pissed off and ignorant for even questioning the MVs performance rating. when i first joined this site about 6 months ago someone else here had a similar confrentation ( now that i think about it , it could have been between MVAgusta site and Ducati site but I think it was here ) two guys where cursing up a storm at each other lol. KONICHD the MV is a beautiful bike though you have to give it that . Has it been a reliable ride ? Any problems getting parts ? They did a show on the MV factory and they do take great care in the building of the motorcycle . I still may buy the bike but on the fence ... jake

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
Nearly every motorcyclist has their favorite brand and will defend them whether the bikes they have are better or not. I see it all the time, I am also a member of other manufacturer boards. Ducati faithful will defend their bikes to the death seemingly, and scoff when they are told something is better. Owning one myself, I can see some of their points. But also owning a ZX-10R is see the truth as well, and can actually feel the difference between them. A MV Agusta F4 is an outstanding motorcycle. Best performing? No, I dont think so. Would I hesitate to own one at the right price? Hell no, I 'd love to own another piece of Italian art. But she wouldnt be ridden much, as parts are expensive, (even against Ducati parts) and finding someone to fix it reliably without have to hock your house is slim to none.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MR? HONEZ I see your point and you are correct .. I love my racing XB12R Buell Firebolts . They are my personal engineering project . Very unique and more power than my ZX14 on the bottomend and midrange . It sounds outragious but it took a TON of time and money to do so . Also making the ancor of a Harley engine to make big power made the bike unridable for everyday steet use ( unless you live by empty highway lol). But if someone says I could have race prepped a ZX10 in the same manor and would have a bike with even more power I would not insult the person for making the statement because its true . Also if the person asked me how I got so much power out of the ancore harley motor I again wold not insult them . Its hard to visualize a Harley Engine making good power ( I just used kits which really just copy old prostock dragster v-8s or a nascar v-8s .. I found I could go even more radical using a european forced air 19 row oil cooler letting me go more radical) .. Bottom line is even if I own a bike and love it , I will be truthful in its good AND bad points ... Thanks Jake

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PS..... MR???HONEZ if the guys in Bastrop texas look like you im moving to texas and switching teams lolol

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
PS..... MR???HONEZ if the guys in Bastrop texas look like you im moving to texas and switching teams lolol
That you see is 'Mrs. Honez', so need to switch teams lol.:mrgreen:

And thanks.:wink:

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
The MV is a great bike, but honestly it wouldn't be even in the top 3 1000's in my opinion. It looks great, fit and finish are better than anything else, and the styling is art. Pure performance though, there is a reason they were only in AMA for one season.....

Parts, well there is one MV dealer in town but all the aftermarket stuff is in Europe, hence why mine is bone sock. Maintenace is actually just like the other jap inline 4's, it does like its valves and a throughough go-thru every 6K.

Awesome bike to have but if I didn't get mine super cheap I wouldn't have even thought about it. My ZX10R is still my first choice :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KON thats the exact bike im looking at 14k for 2006 5k miles . Does this sound like a good deal for an MV to you ? Thanks Jake

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Kon i see your racing the ZX10 if you are doing the unlimited series in ASRA-ccs Ill see you at Millville . Cant miss us we will be the only team with XB15R Firebolts That are so radical tuned they shake and sound like V-8 pro stock dragsters ( actually same set ups , just tranfering old technology.)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
KON thats the exact bike im looking at 14k for 2006 5k miles . Does this sound like a good deal for an MV to you ? Thanks Jake
Sounds like a rip-off. Mine is a 07, bought it with @ 7500 on it (right after its first expensive service), new BT016 tires, only 11 G's!

14G's? I would buy a new ZX10R and sink that 4G into suspension and other goodies and you'd have a better bike. I wouldn't have paid over 12 for mine, but at 11 I decided what the hell :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hey David! You at the shop yet? I wanted to give you a call about the A* gloves you were selling

Sorry for the threadjack!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
KON 4g into suspention and your ZX10 would be a better bike ?... from what ive been reading/personal experiance from MV owners that arnt asses lol,(meaning the MV owners on this site didnt buy the bike as a status symbol) stock for stock the ZX10 seems to be a better performing bike . They are a beautiful bike though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts