Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp... after a number of years pondering it.....

I called and put in to become an MSF instructor for the State of New Hampshire. I had a mini interview on the phone yesterday and they didn't hang up on me, so that must be a good sign. hehe

I know some of the instructors in the area and they been buggin' me every now and then to just go and do it. I've wanted to but not actually gone and put in for it. I'll have a few references that are actual state employee MSF instructors, so that will help get me in. I'm not really worried about it anyway, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to get in. If not, its not really like I need the job anyway. It's just something I'd like to do.

After seeing a few field tests where I see 15 or so folks trying for their license and thinking.... maybe 2 out of the 15 are really ready. Then I see 14 of them pass.... That is scary.

This might be an opportunity for me to fulfill my desire to make just a small difference in the community of motorcyclists around me. If this works out, its going to be great to teach my passion of motorcycling.

Wish me luck guys!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Cool deal. MY dad is taking his instructor's class next month and I've been helping as a range aid whenever i can. I enjoy it and think i may be an instructor one day as well. Congrats on making a difference. Most of the instructors around here hate sportbike riders, which is hypocritical. So good luck to you and enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Good luck man!

after taking my MSF 2 years ago they sent me info on being an instructor, not sure if they do it for everybody but i aced the written but got 2 points on the emergency stop (were on buells that dumped 4 out of the 5 guys riding them during that test so i played it safe), 21 points or more and you fail.

i considered it and sent the paperwork back in but never heard back. it did say that its kept on file though for when a spot in your desired area becomes available, my desired area is pretty small...lol

either way, good luck with that bro and who knows you may save some lives and discourage some squidliness amongst some newer riders.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Good luck short bus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts