Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Do U wear Ear Protection??

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Do you wear ear plugs on trips? or R U jus to kool. I like them because it settles me out and I can think better with out all that damn wind noise and pay more attention to the dumb asses on Northern Cali freeways trying to kill me...oh yeah I put 16,170 on my 2005 beast last year, after all I do have a life and can't ride all the time….SO READ the attached zip file on ear protection if your so inclined and U want to keep your hearing as an old man:bd:

·
Registered
754 Posts
:+1:

I remember reading something in one of the magazines years ago about how wearing ear plugs help to reduce fatigue while riding. Wife and I wear them all of the time when we ride. Now if I go for a short blast around the neighborhood without the earplugs in, I start to wonder what all of those sounds are coming from my bike! It's just because the engine noises are louder - obviously.... :mrgreen:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
So what catagory is ear phones(music) in?

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
i've worn plugs before, but i love to hear her scream and it just helps me ride

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have tried wearing earplugs and they do cut down the wind noise so you can hear the bike better. They hurt me ears though so i don't wear them. I guess i have small ear holes or something. When i'm shooting or running load equipment i will wear ear muffs though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
McHaggis said:
:+1: with the tunes cranked to 11.
:+1: :+1: :+1: ON long hauls and short bursts around town I'll listen to tunes but if i hit the mountains or some very curvy situations then I turn the tunes off to better concentrate and to listen to the music that the bike makes bending those curves....lol

·
Registered
362 Posts
After reading some of the threads on here, I started wearing them and they do make for a better ride. And, since I failed my last hearing test I guess I better try to save what hearing I got. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
GreenMachine666 said:
:+1: :+1: :+1: ON long hauls and short bursts around town I'll listen to tunes but if i hit the mountains or some very curvy situations then I turn the tunes off to better concentrate and to listen to the music that the bike makes bending those curves....lol
Agreed. I generally don't listen to tunes but every now and then it fits the ride.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I like wearing them. I also wear ear buds with music playing, but not too loud. When I use them it seems to close out the world a little bit more and I feel even more focused.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Know a guy first hand who is damn near deaf and he says it's from riding, not a shooter, been riding since the 70's at least.

Still not in the habit of wearing them but definitely trying to train myself to wear them on longer, highspeed or highway type rides.

I think even koss type ear buds with music at decent level would be okay to block the pressure of the wind noise.

When I drove I always liked/like having my windows open, top down when it's an option, loud car stereo, concerts, surprised I can still hear.

I hate how the news talks about "new" danger to your hearing from ipod and like devices.

They are not nearly as loud as the original walkman was and now they all come with warnings in the package due to those concerns and lawsuits in the 80's.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Methinks I need to try the plugs.....
You only get one set of ears, one set of hands, feet...
I suppose wearing the proper gear for the ears should be a good idea too.

·
Currently Clueless
1,516 Posts
I wear ear plugs all the time now. I like riding with my visor up and my Chatterbox on listening to tunes. At least my ears don''t ring for days after a ride anymore.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
I wear ear plugs. I can't stand wind noise or any other noises that you hear

1 - 20 of 36 Posts