Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mohawks on helmets ... ( or even mohawks in general) .. what is with this ? im not trying to be a dick but whats the point ? .. im the first person to say do what makes you happy .. i just wanna know what about a plastic mohawk rivited to your helmet makes you feel better ?...

maybe im just getting old ( joking im 25 haha)

·
Registered
164 Posts
freedom of expression and rebelion.. not my style but i do ride with friends that have them.. to each their own

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rebelling against what ? maybe 30 years ago with punk in its infancy i would call it a rebellion .. just because something is different from what everyone else does doesn't make it rebellion .. freedom of expression.. ok i'll bite .. what are they expressing ? there love of plastic mohawks ?(if thats the case i was interested why they like them) i could see freedom of expression i guess but that seems like a cop out ..

·
Registered
805 Posts
i hate those gay ass things with a passion...and freedom of expression is stupid when your doing the same thing many others do.....and im sure none of it actually has to do with the punk era

·
Mythical Mod of Yore
4,465 Posts
nothing screams squid louder than a helmet mohawk...

and im with you drkramm...punk was about rebelion and an outward expression of angst and rage and dissent...then someone went and packaged counter culture up and put a nice neat bow on it by putting a Hot Topic in every mall in America

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I don't think it's new is it? i have seen them around for several years now. I tell you one thing, i would not be caught dead riding with one or riding with someone who has one

Look at this crap

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
like i said im not trying to be a dick .. if it makes you happy then so be it .. i jsut want to know what they think .. think they look cool ? more aerodynamic ? like the noise ? .. what .. and your correct this isn't a new thing ive seen them before .. but i seem to be seeing alot more lately

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
i think they look retarded, and ive seen them on some real nice helmets that now look stupid because of a mohawk or spikes.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
it's a gay thing :ninnyslap:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Man.. this trend is totally gay. Looks like a broom anyways. Wanna look like a mascot? what is the point? catching bugs? get attention from the cops?

·
Registered
179 Posts
flame me all you like but i like them. i do think they look neat. do i have one, no would i every buy one problay not. its just one more way to make you bike you own.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Ya man, you got me. My assumption is folks are just weird & I don't want to know anything more about them. I mean, is it likely you could have a conversation with this person about the merits of cowhide vs kangaroo leathers, or Arai vs HJC? I'm thinking probably not.

·
Registered
634 Posts
The hawk on the helmet is dumb imo. However, for a while I did have a real one and the ladies loved it. :)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Man.. this trend is totally gay. Looks like a broom anyways. Wanna look like a mascot? what is the point? catching bugs? get attention from the cops?
My friend used a broom when he made this helmet for halloween.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Those glue on helmet mohawks are the best way to tell everyone that you're not only a Squid.................but that you're also

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
They've been around awhile, and I use them as a guide on who to get away from asap

·
Chickenstrip Eater
4,075 Posts
It really is a usefull item. After they eat shit, you can flip their lid and sweep the street for the real riders.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Seems no one on this site wears one huh? Maybe the loud pipe and bright green paint job doesn't attract enough attention?:dontknow: Really I agree they look pretty silly, but I won't flame some dude for wearing it, I'll generally just make fun of him for making such a bad style call. But I feel the same about chrome (it's for harleys not sportbikes), neon kits, pig spotter mirrors, obscenely loud pipes on street bikes, stretched swingarms, monster energy stickers, etc. In reality, it's your bike, helmet, and gear. If you chose to gay it up, who am I to judge?

1 - 20 of 69 Posts