Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been noticing that my chain its jumping, so since it will has quite a few miles I would do a complete change. Bought new chain and both sprockets. Put them on and when I'm attempting to adjust chain,it goes from loose to tight in a half turn of the tire... If I just spin Rhett rim by hand you can see the chain tense up, then loose. Kinda stumped... Court had the wheels powder coated with new bearings put in too. It did do the same thing before too (I think) just getting worse.. Any ideas, or similar problems? Also having issues with Speedo not reading. Think that may be a glitch in the speedohealer tho. I put new speed sensor in last yr and it worked fine til bout 2 Weeks ago..?????

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also just a bit history, I did total the bike over 2yrs ago and pretty sure I bought a new rear rim but I do notice a very slight bounce up and down only on side of the rim.. Almost not there...

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
no your line up marks for adjusting the wheel for the chain is probably off. Measure them don't go off the marks.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Even a new chain will have a tighter spot than other areas. Go by the tightest spot when setting tension. It's nothing too be concerned about. And remember the tension changes when rear tire is back on ground.
And as mentioned, measure from the swing arm pivot bolts to center of rear axle. Never go by the hash marks on swingarm, they are always off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm doing all of it on a rear stand (obvious). Maybe I'm thinking into it too , but when I had it all together spinning at like 10mph the rear sprocket seemed to move like it was out of round. The old front sprocket had like 7k on it and looked real good wear wise as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts