Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the 05 widow maker, just recently i noticed only after the bike warms up, anytime i engage the clutch it makes ahighly constant & noticeable squeak sound. But stops. Once i have. Let off allowing the clutch to disengaged. Anybody have a clue to why or what this could be & caused from or even potential threat it may bring? Thanks!

·
OMG Look at that squid!!
2,595 Posts
I would start with pulling the clutch cover off and rmeoving the cluth to check the overall condition of the parts.

How many miles are on this Gen1 ?

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
I have very slightly used oem friction plated and steels(under 100 miles ) also have ebr or ebc (been a min since i ordered them) stiffer springs for a quicker firmer grab when clutch is released. Give it all to you for 100 plus shipping actual mileage is 56 i believe before sucking a valve. Promise its in killer condition. https://store.schnitzracing.com/kaw...Jq5XgTCCDP4t0vPRCz70s6QvZX08yv7gaAhvKEALw_wcB
Thats the plates. And then grabbed the ebc +15% springs at another 50 bucks. Heard to many stories about non oem plates

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would start with pulling the clutch cover off and rmeoving the cluth to check the overall condition of the parts. How many miles are on Gen1 ?

Well its got mid 30k on the odometer but the previous owner had already rebuilt the motar, I honestly cannot remember exactly how far back on the miles when he rebuilt it but but it supposed to be fairly recent from that point maybe. Maybe a few k. I know that doesn't necessarily help much unfortunately. But I know he rebuilt the motor but I don't know if the clutch was ever redone because shortly after getting it the clutch cable I guess from wear and tear over time ended up breaking and then that was replaced but never cracked open the case To examine the clutch itself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have very slightly used oem friction plated and steels(under 100 miles ) also have ebr or ebc (been a min since i ordered them) stiffer springs for a quicker firmer grab when clutch is released. Give it all to you for 100 plus shipping actual mileage is 56 i believe before sucking a valve. Promise its in killer condition. https://store.schnitzracing.com/kaw...Jq5XgTCCDP4t0vPRCz70s6QvZX08yv7gaAhvKEALw_wcB
Thats the plates. And then grabbed the ebc +15% springs at another 50 bucks. Heard to many stories about non oem plates
before sucking vaulve? So that could potentially be caused by the clutch ending up with that happening

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
@51zx10r
If you are somehow trying to correlate a fucked, sucked or dropped valve with anything clutch, let me quickly end that line of thinking. Only connection was me and my same clutch hand ran way way way da fuck past my build budget, like 5k+ over budget and then soon after nearly ran out of funds since i aimlessly and without fail spent every dime i brought in that didn't get spent on bills, on upgrade parts or sending cranks out to ape and well you get the point. Wife got pissed said get it running or get rid of it or she was gone so yeah, i re used some of the valve collett/keepers and didn't wait for my valve compression tool to arrive and rushed it back to life. She ran mean for about 56 miles when i couldn't resist a 12 o'clock for the last 500 yards snapped it up and rode it and heard the most fucked up noise and a loss of power but my dumb ass rode that bike nose up till the turn in for my pad. Soon as i set her down the noise got way worse. The rest is depressing but no the clutch played no role and took no damage

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,116 Posts
Op, tell you what, I'm going to pull the radiator and generator off my 05 tomorrow i hope, I'll yank the clutch assembly. All of it, and I'll make sure the noise goes away. It's pretty easy to get it all out and back in. But my clutch makes no noise and wasn't somewhere that i reused parts. I'll give the whole deal to you for a steal like shipping plus $50. Pm me. And short of the front forks, tank tail light and a few mods like dynonet and atre gpio the bike is clean title I'll give it away. No chain but wheels with angle gt front and rear, under 100 miles on it, the case and ape crank undercut second gear whatever it's up for grabs for 250 plus shipping. Or local pickup. Tires and wheels are worth more. I just can not walk without help so can't justify even keeping it around. Fml, im out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After taking it apart looking at it put me back on the only thing I was able to really know this was this the rest Engraving on the outer part I guess the basket? But there's nothing scratched her messed up on the inside of the crankcase itself though

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts