Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 and suffer the common squishy inefficient front brake problem that's been discussed to death here, but this question is a little different. A friend of mine with a zx14 gave me one of his nissin calipers as he only uses one on his bike. My question is as I only have one nissin, so can I put it on and leave the other tokico until I get another nissin?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,867 Posts
You can do that, but you absolutely most assuredly should NOT! fuck no.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well obviously putting a pair of the nissin calipers is the way to go but money is really tight at the moment. I just wondered if it would cause issues with the brakes if I do, like uneven braking or pulling etc.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,867 Posts
Well obviously putting a pair of the nissin calipers is the way to go but money is really tight at the moment. I just wondered if it would cause issues with the brakes if I do, like uneven braking or pulling etc.

Yup, all of the above. Not a good idea.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I've got some used Tokico's off my 04 1000RR that aren't that pretty and they need a good bath at this point, but they damn sure work EXCELLENT. These poor calipers have been used on two different 1000RR's, a GSXR K5 and a Gen 1 ZX-10R. They have truly been on more racetracks in the USA than I have and have always performed at the top of the pile for OEM style radial mounts which is why I still have them.

If you want them they are yours just for the shipping cost. I can also supply you with new Carbonne Lorraine brake pads (street or race) for basically dealer cost and even radial spacers if you require them as well.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Nice LDH keeping the forum members alive with good brakes at a GREAT price. Now that is what I call a good community!:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have a 2006 and suffer the common squishy inefficient front brake problem that's been discussed to death here, but this question is a little different. A friend of mine with a zx14 gave me one of his nissin calipers as he only uses one on his bike. My question is as I only have one nissin, so can I put it on and leave the other tokico until I get another nissin?
Just reinforcing the not NO but For sure NO. Never do something like that. Do it right or not at all.

Unless it's love or war.:lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts