Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took my 14R to the track for the first time stretched this last weekend, and needless to say I'm VERY impressed. I said that I would be happy with 8.70's and extremely happy with 8.60's, and this thing almost went 50's on the first time out.

This is literally with just basic bolt ons. Swingarm sitting just under 69 inches, -1 front, Brocks Ti-winder, Guhl flash, lowered, strap, and 1000RR front fender. Stock shock, stock clutch, no pcv, no tune, no shifter.

My 3rd pass, and first pass it finally hooked, it went 8.72. After that every single pass that it hooked it went 8.70 somethin. I had a buddy take a video of the rear and I saw my shock wasn't working much at all, so I softened my compression a little more, and adjusted my clutch in a little more and BAM 8.61! Then backed it up with an 8.63 the next pass, but of course that was the last pass cause the track was closing.

I just can't believe it ran like it did. I was having traction issues but i'm still amazed!:biggrin::biggrin: Of course I didn't get a video of my 8.61 pass, but thankfully a buddy got my 8.63 pass. I'll take what i can get!

Of course on my best pass, the time slip was messed up and only showed my back half numbers, so I ran up in the tower and took a picture of the time sheet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFrb4THGTV4 Here is my 8.63 pass :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Fucking-A bro!:clap::rockwoot:

That's great for first few passes! Stoked for ya! Gorgeous bike as well!!

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fucking-A bro!:clap::rockwoot:

That's great for first few passes! Stoked for ya! Gorgeous bike as well!!
:eek:ccasion1 thanks man!

Fuck Yah!
Those damn 2nd Gen 14's are the truth! Dont know why my pops opted for a 1st gen lol.
Man you ain't lyin! They're so damn fast!

Is that pretty fast? :dontknow:

:wink: congrats man! What's the next goal to hit?
:lol: not at all! :wink: Well, the pump gas record is 8.42. And of course he has BST's, ceramic bearings, shifter, and all the other little goodies. I don't see me getting there, but low 8.50's would definitely be nice on a stock clutch! :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
606 Posts
Congrats dude! Awesome times for so few mods!

I'd kill for a 8.61 on pump gas. Maybe I should look into a zx14 lol

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats dude! Awesome times for so few mods!

I'd kill for a 8.61 on pump gas. Maybe I should look into a zx14 lol
Thanks man! You should! The power these things make is just retarded!

What's the hp rating on those things with a flash? Stock gearing.
Mine, completely stock with 260 miles on it made [email protected], then with a schnitz flash, ti winder, pcv, and tune it made [email protected] Now I have a Guhl flash, and my pcv is unhooked and we are going to try and put it on the dyno pretty soon. I unhooked my pcv last year cause ever since the flash and pcv I actually lost mph at the track.. Come to find out it looks like the schnitz flash was the culprit. My mph came back with the Guhl flash.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:crackup: 2012+ are gen 2 14's.

As of last week full gear i'm just over 156lbs. Down almost 10lbs from last year! :badteeth:
We're literally the same size. Every time I take my dads 14R out, people stare and look lol. Idk if they're staring because it looks like a teenager is on a big ass bike or if they're just admiring the bike :crackup:

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We're literally the same size. Every time I take my dads 14R out, people stare and look lol. Idk if they're staring because it looks like a teenager is on a big ass bike or if they're just admiring the bike :crackup:
:lol: thats awesome! Man these things ARE big and heavy but they really show their power at the track! :eek:ccasion1

·
back to car scene
4,297 Posts
Dayum man, scooting right along I'd say!!!

That's one 14 I'd love to twist the throttle on, and she's gorgeous too !!!

STAY IN YOUR LANE LOL

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Thats movin man for sure with few mods you got done and accomplish in short time... Congrats!
:+1: that ZX14 is just a Monster nothing like it :eek:ccasion1 Just think would it will do with a tune and special fuel. :idea:

Bloo

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats movin man for sure with few mods you got done and accomplish in short time... Congrats!
Thanks buddy! :eek:ccasion1

Dayum man, scooting right along I'd say!!!

That's one 14 I'd love to twist the throttle on, and she's gorgeous too !!!

STAY IN YOUR LANE LOL
Man if you ever get the chance to ride one, you need too! :eek:ccasion1

Nice work bg what are your plans. Thinking of a tune or shifter at all. That thing looks badass!
Thanks man! Yeah, I have almost everything for a shifter, but want to see how quick I can go without one. The tune is definitely coming, since I got the Guhl flash, my bike runs like shit below 3k rpm's and 1-2% throttle. I don't really care cause it runs good down the track but its kind of annoying. I talked to Brock yesterday and he said they had to fine tune the 14R's that had the flash cause they were acting the same. So, dyno session is coming soon. I'll have to hurry up and put it on the dyno before I get a damn hookup on it. :eek:ccasion1

:+1: that ZX14 is just a Monster nothing like it :eek:ccasion1 Just think would it will do with a tune and special fuel. :idea:

Bloo
Man that ain't no lie! I will definitely tune it. I wish MR12 wasn't so damn expensive and such a pain in the ass to use or I would have it already.. Been kind of thinkin about E85, but from what Guhl said, the 14R's don't pick up much. Granted they picked up about 6 horse in the mid range, but only 4 or so up top.

I guess i'll just try adding a little more gear and see how that goes. it's only -1 right now, may try -1+2 next outing and maybe put my stock front fender back on and see if that 1krr front fender is causing me to lose mph on the back half. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
427 Posts
I have a 2013 14R. It has a full sato racing exhaust. I milled the head .020 for more compression, ported the head, degreed the cams back to stock, and had the throttle bodies bored to 48MM. The ECU was flashed to remove the restrictions, and raise the rev limiter 500 rpm. The bike has a PCV and custom tune. It makes 220 RWHP, and 125 Ft LBS of torque. The bike is an absolute beast. In 2 weeks, I am going to run the Ohio mile with it to try to go 200 in the mile. The 14R is an amazing bike. I love mine. Mike.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts