Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off I'm a mid thirties white guy who lives in a Northern redneck town in Alberta where if it ain't country music it's shit! So my taste in music is a bit tainted by that fact.
So I'm sitting in a pub the other night and I hear this music and I'm like WTF is that!?!?!
The only way I can describe it is rock/hip-hop, basically it was everything from U2 to linkin park all mixed with a hip-hop beat...I loved it! :mrgreen:

But when I asked the server (Don't you hate a bar server that's not hot at all?) she had no idea what album it was from and had no real interest in finding out for me...maybe its because I wasn't drinking...whatever...

Can someone help me out here? I am looking for a few albums to download or links to youtube of what I'm looking for

Thanks in Advance :thumbsup:

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
If you have a smart phone like an iphone, download Shazam, and you have have it listen to the music right there and it will tell you the name of the music, band, info and links to itunes or youtube.
And yes it actually works pretty well in noisy clubs too.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I tried and tried to get it to pick it up but no success...I use sound hound actually but same type of thing...damn I was even putting my phone on an empty table away from people but I didn't work

·
Starbucks Connoisseur
4,369 Posts
You should have recorded it, that wa you could upload it here or have taken it to a record store and play it for them. Thats if there are any record stores left.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Dead Celebrity Status is a mix of rock/rap I like the song "We Fall We Fall"
Nappy Roots did a rock rap song "Aw Naw"
The Jay-Z Linkin Park stuff is awesom.
Zarj ft Shokk
Toby Mac
POD is kinda rock/rap mix
N.E.R.D
Google Travis Barker mixes. He does a lot of collaborations.

I can't think of any more right now. The suggestion above about Shazam is a smart one. I use Pandora on my home computer when I'm studying and when a song comes on I like I make sure to write it down and Itunes it later. It chooses songs based on preferences, so if you like a song, make sure you give it a "thumbs up" so it chooses similar songs in the future.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, I DL'd the linkin park Jay z album but still looking for more. I'm familiar with POD (interesting story with that band BTW) but more looking for the remix type stuff.

These guys are awesome, this is what I am looking for!!

http://www.snsmix.com/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts