Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Could be real- there is a reserve set. But $5700.00? I doubt it.

Phone number (real?) Only would buy in person.

I watched an FZR1000 not sell at Buy it now of $2800.00.
They listed it a 2nd time with a reserve and low starting price -people bid it up to something like $3400.00 on that auciton so the guy did well.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
if its good to go and never been damaged or dropped $5700 is damn cheap

·
Registered
214 Posts
:rocketwho That's a fake ad...I tried to bye that bike in March, before I bought my '06...the number just rings and he doesn't return emails...

·
Registered
344 Posts
you'd think this would ring a bell with you guys after a while...

1) pre-approved bidders only
2) fabulous low price
3) then you get the email that he's in Pakistan or Russia or somewhere, but if ya wire him the cash, he'll FedEx it (its already boxed up)

catch some snap!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
if it is to good to be true then it is. i was looking a GSXR 1000 in the cycle trader and called the guy he said the bike was from miami and now is in England with the bike. but when i continued to look i saw the same bike in the cycle trader two more times all with different locations.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
lavudyar said:
Check his other stuff - seems almost legit. I just checked his past selling auctions and it seems a hodge-podge, but he did sell a Mountaineer for not a lot of $$ (173k miles on it).
He's got a Gixxer too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4646908369&ssPageName=MERC_VIC_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BID_IT
The problem with them seeming legit is that legit people get their accounts stolen by having shitty passwords or falling for fishing.

I wouldn't have even responded to the thread if I had seen the low reserve 1st. Almost on the edge of believable but still low.
A low open price with a realistic reserve is understandable. Thus the term no reserve auction online or IRL.

I saw the low reserve price later, did not try calling number- my friend has bought several ebay bikes so I know it can happen;)- he also had his account hijacked once. Won't admit but I think he fell for fishing.

I'd stick to buying in person.

This one was a little less obvious than most that get posted here.
Some real sellers use pre-approved to avoid paying huge listing and closing fees and having some young kid be the winning bidder and unable to pay.

One of the scammers went "pre-approved only" on auctions after people on this this site bid up one of the scam bikes sky high.

True the yahoo email is another flag- only contact sellers through ebay.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Oh, I've seen and reported a bunch of those $3000 BIN scams - this one doesn't feel the same. Those guys usually hijack an account with a higher than 17 feedback rating! It probably is a scam of some sort, but it just doen't stand out like the usual weenies.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Houston_Rider said:
you'd think this would ring a bell with you guys after a while...

1) pre-approved bidders only
2) fabulous low price
3) then you get the email that he's in Pakistan or Russia or somewhere, but if ya wire him the cash, he'll FedEx it (its already boxed up)

catch some snap!
Not that I am interested, noticed the ad while browsing around and seen plenty of scams, this looked different just browsing over it and often a "low" reserve escalates to a fair price if the item is in good condition. Shit if a seller starts with he is in a third world country and need money to feed his chickens and livestock and the bike is crated standing at the harbour and he will ship it all included where the shipping costs more then the bike is costing and he will throw in an extra few chickens, cow and the Pakistan wife etc. etc. etc. all I need is money to be deposited into "Escrow" account, shit you gotta be freaking thick to fall for that......................................

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Keep on the lookout for "gatewaygranny" this person on ebay had an 05 cbr 1000rr for a buy it now of 3k. Never down, with 551 miles on it. I emailed, and it turned out to be a total scam, the seller said he was in the netherlands, and would ship me the bike after funds cleared through Safepay.com...So fraudulent, even ebay sent me an email about that users bad rep. Although that users rating was a 99.8% with over 1500 transactions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts