Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,I have a 1995 Zx7 besides my 10R.I was wondering if a 1997 cylinder block will fit a 1995 motor.Are bore and stroke the same?.Wonder if it would be a straight forward swap.Any differences between the two?.Thanks

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
There was a major design change in that bike for 1996. I'm not sure if the cylinder block was affected in the redesign, but why do you want to change it in the first place? If the rings are worn, just get it re-honed. If the cylinder bores are beyond the wear limit, just get it re-bored and put in 1st-oversize pistons.

Those engines were mighty tough. What's the symptom that's prompting this?

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, a dear friend of mine is parting out his 1997 Zxr.He asked me if I need some parts before he sells everything on ebay.He wants $35 for the cylinder block and pistons.The bike has less then 10000 miles.He crashed the bike pretty bad so he decided to get rid of it.I tought I may get the cylinder block and keep it ..you know...spare parts.My Zx7 has close to 45000 miles.Thanks.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found out that the 97 ' model has 72mm bore and a longer stoke.The 95' has 71mm bore and shorter stroke.To bad.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Damn, I just tossed a bunch of engine parts from my 93 ZX-7. Interested in full set of racing bodywork? I may have a few parts left over, I'll check. I do know I have 2 sets of rims. Let me know what your looking for.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
Zxrider said:
I just found out that the 97 ' model has 72mm bore and a longer stoke.The 95' has 71mm bore and shorter stroke.To bad.
SOmewhere I saw if you put the crank out of the 95 model into the 96 and up its like an 800 cause its stroke is longer. SUpposedly you have to do some clearancing but it will work cause I've seen it done.

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
:bump:

·
OG Post Whore
10,400 Posts
my friend has a friend who had a zx7rr and got jacked from his parking space which was behind his car. it was found a month later wrapped around a telephone phone at about 50-60 mph. i know hes pissed cuz that bike is money

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
R1GSXRKILLER said:
Say that again please...alittle slower...for us dumb fucks.
:+1::iamwithst :dontknow:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts