Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok folks. I bought the welder. I went out and got a esab torch. I got everything to make something to help us. well its almost done. we have made a complete set already. just to find out that there was only a 1/8th in of clearance on the front fork. so that wasn’t good enough. We threw that one away and are making another one. IT WILL BE DONE BY TONIGHT! WITH PICKS!!!!! However after it is all said and done I have been trying to figure out a price on these things... it takes about 2 1/2 hours to make and a good bit of waste material. so my thought is a shop rate is $65 an hour that makes about $175 {about} so with materials its about $200.... so what’s a "good" price.... I think I would be happy with $120 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 to your doorstep. EASY to install. Bitch to make. Post up or pm me if your interested.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they stop the nose from breaking. they are braces to atatch the front of your bike to the frame of your bike. and not threw plastic but threw steal. You shal see soon. back to the garage.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope... got the laptop in the shop. got some ideas from your's rr but im welding and hot bending shit. lol and cooling them in my toilet lol

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH! and got it down to 1 brace! install time less than 1/2 an hour.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
sczx10r said:
OH! and got it down to 1 brace! install time less than 1/2 an hour.
From what you was talking about yesterday about your bike being fugged up. Making these brackets would be the last thing on my list. Just my .02 :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
How much are these going to weigh?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
weight? uhhh 2 or 3 lbs.
RR the shop was closed today. so this is all i could do.

THIS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!! damn! it took 4 count them 4 hours to get them god damn bolt holes to line up! yall might be on your own for these things... any bitchin about price all i can say is pick up a torch a welder and a drill press. oh yea and dont forget the bottle of asprin. I got to find my digital... the brackets are done but they are not installed. wanted to show yall the brackets first.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
sure is sloooooooooooooooooow i tell ya what!!

BD

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Hmmm I didnt know they made a naked 10...you would think they could dress it up better lol

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
I don't think its going to be 2 or 3 lbs. 1/4" steel on both sides your looking at about 5 lbs. or better. I can get them made out of Ti.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1/8th in steal

1 - 20 of 25 Posts