Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04 zx10r with a all stock motor and want to put NOS on it but dont have a clue about it can someone help me with what i need and what would b a safe setup for a stock motor 04 zx10r for a 1/4 mile ??????????????? thank you for the replies

·
Certified SLOW
3,131 Posts
I would send PM to one of the site sponsors and buy an MPS Spyder Kit. Hook that sucker up to a progressive controller like daytona nc-2. Use stage one to trigger dynojet multi-function hub to change to nitrous map .1 sec before stage 2 starts. Win.

Now all that isn't the cheapest route, but will be much more effective and safer than pushing button.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Dyno tune is decent with a decent price point...make sure you get a progressive controller so you can dial in just the right amount of juice for you, and control how it comes on and when it peaks

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
spraybar, progressive controller with window switch and tps switch, hub for nitrous map, good tune, good gas,and fuel kill with stk. springs. as safe as u can get with stk. mtr., you'll fly with your previous times.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
there are a few of us looking into this route. i am going about exactly as gaz says with my setup

cant wait for the fun to begin this spring

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
what's the tps switch is the the same as a wot switch? if so who sell them

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
TPS (throttle position switch ) is self contained feature in many controllers and activates the nitrous at your choice of throttle positions, as in 100%,80 or whatever you choose. deactivates at less than set. i stated fuel kill with stk. springs as it is much safer on juice eliminating the bang and pop created by ignition kill that results in a sonic shock wave that hammers the valve train and can spit shims and valve keepers, even with hd springs, but especially with stk. springs. as nm said heavy springs are better. springs and fuel kill best. a controlled, managed nitrous delivery with safeguards is the way to last and go fast.

·
Registered
57 Posts
TPS (throttle position switch ) is self contained feature in many controllers and activates the nitrous at your choice of throttle positions, as in 100%,80 or whatever you choose. deactivates at less than set. i stated fuel kill with stk. springs as it is much safer on juice eliminating the bang and pop created by ignition kill that results in a sonic shock wave that hammers the valve train and can spit shims and valve keepers, even with hd springs, but especially with stk. springs. as nm said heavy springs are better. springs and fuel kill best. a controlled, managed nitrous delivery with safeguards is the way to last and go fast.
good advice man :eek:ccasion1. I took the nos off my bike becuase i knew i would pop a motor oneday and didnt wanna hear my wife say you dumbazz:heyyou: :lol:.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thinkn about it too...

good advice man :eek:ccasion1. I took the nos off my bike becuase i knew i would pop a motor oneday and didnt wanna hear my wife say you dumbazz:heyyou: :lol:.
I'm thinking about taking the nitrous off mine also.But there's a stupid feeling I have that always comes to mind: Just In Case : that won't let me totally part with mine. : ( Thinking about even going stock wheelbase, but get the same feeling with that too. lol

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
all of you guys taking the nitrous off your bikes can send it to me for christmas. i am wanting to spray mine next year.

haz you can send me that sexy ass sidewinder too if you want to go back to more stock

·
Registered
121 Posts
all of you guys taking the nitrous off your bikes can send it to me for christmas. i am wanting to spray mine next year.

haz you can send me that sexy ass sidewinder too if you want to go back to more stock
yea what he said :lol: and ill even pay shipping

·
Registered
779 Posts
I ran a sneaky pete system on mine when I was sprayin with 24hp jet, not the most efficient but simple and got the job done. Here's the wot throttle switch I made to spray on the throttle and not a button. All this talk bout taking the gas off I'm preparing to spray mine again!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts