Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
YRR
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 40 shot on my 06 and just wanted to know some simple things.

1. I have no stretch so what would be a good rpm to spray and not kill myself
2. How much will it cost to refill two 20 ounce bottles
3. Is a purge kit necessary
4. And did your bike feel different after the install, the stacks being switched around and higher rpm idling . Not when you spray, but just riding in general.

Any help and or suggestions would be great and appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'd say to hold off on spraying until prolly halfway thru 2nd. From there it's up to what you feel comfortable with. You will absolutely feel the kick in the pants of it. Honestly swb and new to nitrous it wouldn't be a bad idea to start with a 20 shot. You'll still definitely feel that. Probably wont cost you more than 5 bucks to fill those bottles. Nitrous can vary by area. Last time I was getting it, I was buying it at about $3 a lb. I think. No you absolutely do not need a purge. One big thing you should do is get it tuned for the nitrous. Just spraying the air temp sensor isn't enough. BTW Are you using a single fogger or some kind of spray bar?

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
nitrous

jl audio giving good advice, 20 shot much more manageable, and 40 shot will hit hard in 2nd gear, be sure not to hit rev limiter, things will happen very quickly. 20 applied early 2nd will make a good difference, 40 will drop your bottle pressures quickly reducing power anyway. start light, see how your bike and you react, and go from there. enjoy your nitrous, be safe and keep engine safe.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thanks for the advice, and spray bar
No problem. The spraybar is definitely a great choice. Even distribution of nitrous amongst cylinders to help keep things as safe as possible. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
1. I have no stretch so what would be a good rpm to spray and not kill myself wait till second gear 7k and up bike will probly still wanna wheelie
2. How much will it cost to refill two 20 ounce bottles price vary just payed 4.25 a lb
3. Is a purge kit necessary not at all
4. And did your bike feel different after the install, the stacks being switched around and higher rpm idling . Not when you spray, but just riding in general. shouldnt change at all just get the bike tuned proplerly and get a map switch so you can have a motor and spray map.

from what ive seen i would do valve springs so you dont get any valve float

·
Registered
259 Posts
Springs and upgraded clutch basket. Grab a gear and the dope at the same time, so u dont go into the limiter. Limiter+dope=boom

·
Registered
322 Posts
when i using NOS on my 07 10r i was told not hit the rev limiter while spraying and not to spray between shifts :dontknow: also if you can leave on your bottles with them and have them freeze it over nite it will take a better charge if they fill it cold

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
absolutely, 40 shot needs springs to be safe, especially if inexperienced with juice. you can hit the limiter quickly, floating valves, spitting shims and causing $$$$$. start low, work your way up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts