Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 542 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to figure out since riding time will be coming to an end soon maybe we can get a ride together. I'm up to any suggestions on roads although 211 is a pretty sweet ride...one of the better roads around in my opinion. Just reply to see if you'd be interested and if you have any suggestions...maybe we can get it going in a few weeks or something. It'd be cool to get 10+ bikes together and hit some twisties up, etc. I have a couple buddies that I could probably get in on it...not all Kawi's though but it doesn't make a diff. to me. I just wanna ride.

Let me know what you think...there might not even be that many of us around but we can get a smaller group together too.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I might be down! I'm lookin to get down to the DC area on my bike before get's too cold out.

I have a checklist of destinations i wanna get to on the zx10 before it gets too cold to ride. Being that i got a late start i'm riding as long as i can, deep into the season!

NYC<-----been there twice already this month
State College<----going this sunday
Baltimore<----looking to make it down there beginning of Oct.
D.C. <---hopefully in the next couple weeks?
Philly<---Sometime in oct. i'm hoping?

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
In. Even though I am terrified of riding in VA, I am down to ride anytime. Let me know when you are rolling.

Whatz terrifiying about va?:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never had many problems...have to sort of know where they sit at usually and what roads they don't travel often...but you're right...don't want to get caught by one.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I might be down! I'm lookin to get down to the DC area on my bike before get's too cold out.

I have a checklist of destinations i wanna get to on the zx10 before it gets too cold to ride. Being that i got a late start i'm riding as long as i can, deep into the season!

NYC<-----been there twice already this month
State College<----going this sunday
Baltimore<----looking to make it down there beginning of Oct.
D.C. <---hopefully in the next couple weeks?
Philly<---Sometime in oct. i'm hoping?
When you're heading to Philly let me know - I'll meet up with you. Philly is about 15-20 mins from where I live.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet. We could use a few more. You got any buddies that'd be up for a ride?

If you're up there we could hit up some roads up that way...it might be closer for some of the PA guys too.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What's your wife riding?

So anyone that's till up for it please post reply so I can see how many we got.

Any ideas on what roads to take?

·
Registered
880 Posts
I might be in depending on what date. I have a very full schedule for the rest of the season! I also have a couple friends that might be in too, also depending on date. We were just out on 211 last weekend. The roads were good but we did get pulled over once. A friend got a ticket for 70 in a 55. Good thing he didn't catch us about 3 minutes earlier! We were well over 100!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What's your wife riding?

Any ideas on what roads to take?

wife rides a 06 636

I like riding those roads to the west of me, towards Romney,WV. lots of twist and turns and not a whole lot of cars plus the scenery is great. but i'll ride anywhere since i'm guessing just about everyone is east of me.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I might be in depending on what date. I have a very full schedule for the rest of the season! I also have a couple friends that might be in too, also depending on date. We were just out on 211 last weekend. The roads were good but we did get pulled over once. A friend got a ticket for 70 in a 55. Good thing he didn't catch us about 3 minutes earlier! We were well over 100!
I was out there just the other weekend too...it's a money road but yes a lot of cops. My buddy and I were out there for a few hours on Sunday and didn't see any fuzz at all.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wife rides a 06 636

I like riding those roads to the west of me, towards Romney,WV. lots of twist and turns and not a whole lot of cars plus the scenery is great. but i'll ride anywhere since i'm guessing just about everyone is east of me.
Yeah those are the roads I'm talking about...nice twisty and never seen a cop there yet. It's far for me but a sweet ride when you get there.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If anyone has GPS or knows how to map out a trip post it up and we'll see who we can get.

Missinlinc I'm out here near Manassas so we could meet up in Haymarket or something at the Sheetz if you know where that is.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
yo, i got some sick routes..

if you are down let me know.. im riding today, but unfortunately im at work too tho :(

1 - 20 of 542 Posts