Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first bike, and need to know a good place to purchase a few things. The bike has good fairings that need paint, or replaced. The previous owner pin-striped the entire bike. I'm wanting to replace the existing fairing set, and paint the tank....OR Paint the existing set....I also need a fairing bolt kit. Please let me know the better way to go.

Also, the bike has a LED kit on it with a remote....I'm pretty sure the remote is bunk, and needs replacing. Any ideas?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Lose the LEDs, they're lame anyway. As far as the fairings / bolts, if you want to replace them, www.ronayers.com has really good prices and has a fiche-viewer so you can seed exactly what you need.

You'll probably spend quite a bit of coin reskinning the whole bike, you could paint it for less.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
led's are lam but hey man I have some on my bike and they look damn sexy pulling a 3rd gear clutch up and riding around...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I really appreciate all the help....It would be nice if the car scene/forums were as friendly as the bike scene. I sold my 9 sec LS Camaro because I was tired of the jerk-offs around my area, and on the forums.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Thanks! I really appreciate all the help....It would be nice if the car scene/forums were as friendly as the bike scene. I sold my 9 sec LS Camaro because I was tired of the jerk-offs around my area, and on the forums.
You really sold a 9sec f-body because of some jerks? Surely not

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did! Plus the wife was griping about there being no room to park. I was tired of the car, and had dumped 18k in it. It was time to go

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I did! Plus the wife was griping about there being no room to park. I was tired of the car, and had dumped 18k in it. It was time to go
AAAHHH, The OL' Lady always has something to do with it. Mine made me get rid of my 02 WS6 T/A "I miss that car"

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll miss mine too, but I'm having the same amount of fun on the bike....AND A LOT LESS GRIPING!

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
AAAHHH, The OL' Lady always has something to do with it. Mine made me get rid of my 02 WS6 T/A "I miss that car"
i had to get my wife a 05 GTO in order to buy my bike... i guess it was win win for me... but those were some nice cars u got got out of....

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had to get my wife a 05 GTO in order to buy my bike... i guess it was win win for me... but those were some nice cars u got got out of....
That's pretty ironic! I repurchased my 03 Cobra for my wife.....I was lucky and actually got enough out of the Z to get a truck and a bike.

·
^^No Bike Bum^^
2,138 Posts
That's pretty ironic! I repurchased my 03 Cobra for my wife.....I was lucky and actually got enough out of the Z to get a truck and a bike.
sweet deal... im a ford guy myself... it hurt to buy and park her GTO by my stang... i quickly forgot about that once i hit the open road on my bike.. :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
46 Posts
on ebay, there are so many after market full fairings from HK...$500 shipped....looks good but might have some adjusting for fit:wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts