Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

any opinions on the brand of HID thats good? Ive heard of star rotor, but how about buyin a non-brand name HID? Is it a bad idea?

Some guy around me is selling them for $75. <--- Good rice?

·
Registered
763 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
i got mine from seller hidgate on ebay for i think around $50 shipped. i have them on my truck and bike with no problems. depending on the price of the ones with the lifetime warranty i would probably go with them instead, i just hadn't heard of them before i got mine. i heard of the ones that i got from a chevy truck forum that i'm on and everyone there raved about them.

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
DDM tuning here too!.55watters........6k bulbs,............I can light up a freakin airport runway almost!...LOL

I was gonna go Star Rotors.....but liked the lifetime warranty!.....can't beat that..especially with electrical components!......easy install too,..........only toughy was finding a good place to stuff the slim ballasts!

·
Registered
367 Posts
i'm going to get this for my street body, what a great deal. is the light pattern okay since it isn't in the proper ballast?

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
i'm going to get this for my street body, what a great deal. is the light pattern okay since it isn't in the proper ballast?
Are you talking about the headlamp? The hid kits come with a ballast. The hid kits are fine and work very well. No problem what so ever. If there was a problem then you would hear about it.

·
Registered
586 Posts
IIRC, Another plus for DDM HID's, you can choose the temp (color) you want. I want the ones bodymanruss has, 6K. They are awesome.

I found ddmtuning on bimmerforums.com. They have complete HID kits for older BMW's, very reasonable prices and the lifetime warranty to boot. Ask for Casey.

·
Registered
410 Posts
On a ZX10R, no problem. The Projector type headlamps don't seem to have any issues with the HID bulbs.

If you plan on putting them on a different bike though (or a car) that has the reflector type lamp....be careful. Since the Arc of an HID bulb is not the same shape as the filiment in a conventional bulb, it sends light rays scattering in every direction.

I had an HID on my CBR1100XX. I could light up street signs when the headlight wasn't pointed anywhere near high enough. It looked great for me (lots of light everywhere!), but other drivers didn't appreciate it so much. It blinded everybody. In some states I think they're illegal to install them in a headlight housing that isn't built to accept HIDs.

On a zx10, go for it though. Be careful of the $50 kits on ebay, mine always had trouble getting started. They just flickered for a while.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
Everyone does ddm but no one has the answer to this. What is the size for the running lights on the gen1 from their site.I asked before and know one knew the answer so maybe no one does the running lights?

·
Registered
540 Posts
are these lights just one standard size? I didnt see a spot on the website that lets you choose between motorcycle manufacturers.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Everyone does ddm but no one has the answer to this. What is the size for the running lights on the gen1 from their site.I asked before and know one knew the answer so maybe no one does the running lights?
The running lights as in the two little bulbs in between the low and high beam? or the low beam itself?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts