Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here

Just bought a 2016 zx10r that was a race bike with the kit ecu and loom,
its now back to stock ecu and loom but the ABS, Oxy sensor and Steering damper are no longer connected
and are unplugged.

When i turn on the ignition, but don't start the bike i here the normal sounds, but once the fuel pump stops they is a constant noise coming from i think the throttle body as the sound changes when i move the throttle,
is this normal

Thanks in advance

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
:welcome:

It's hear as in you "hear the sound" as opposed to here as in "you posted this here". :badteeth:

If those sensors are unplugged, who knows what it's doing to try and compensate for the lack of connections. Doubt it's the TBs though. You sure it's not the exhaust servo still there moving around? And that you're not hearing (see what I did there! :lol:) the noise from the intake system? Have you put your hands on the TB while the noise is on to verify it's from the TBs?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Is it coming from the ABS pump I think it's just below the throttle bodies on the left hand side with a 2016. Try connecting them and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks SkyDork for correcting my poor grammor (see what i did there):wink2:

Anyhow, after i found that the exhaust servo is also not connected or on the bike (full system)
i decided to remove the air box.
Its definitely the motor in the middle of the throttle bodies thats constantly running.
The bike starts and revs up fine its just the noise that seems wrong to me
Im guessing that you think that it should not be happening so i need to try and find out whats the cause.
Any more ideas would be welcome

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies

Spoke to a guy that does a lot of dyno work for BSB and he said they shouldn't make that noise after a few seconds
so i have booked it in for him to have a look and do a Woolich flash and dyno at the same time.
I will let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i had the bike looked at by the BSB guy and it seems the noise form the Throttle Body is normal, although is was hardly noticeable in the dyno room not like in my silent garage at home.
Anyway i had the bike Flashed with the Woolich software and mapped on the Dyno and i must say after riding the bike at Cadwell Park last Thursday its a bit of a beast but handles and stops really nice.
Bike made 195.15bhp and 86.09ft/lb at the rear wheel that was up 13bhp on when its first unmapped run

1 - 7 of 7 Posts