Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT'S ME AGAIN MARGRET, ARE YA NEKKKKID?????

my bad, every time I go for a ride, I'll be creepin along (almost no throttle) and if I goose my bike just a little bit, I hear this clack noise coming from the rear sproket/swingarm area..... it sounds kinda like a loose chain's slack being pulled up and the chain slapping the swingarm....but I checked the chain slack and it was within spec (which actually looks loose).... Any ideas as to what it could be??? I hate it when my vehicles develop new noises....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Look at the stickies at the Top of this forum. You may have a loose Chain Guide.

If the noise is loud enough for you hear while you are riding your bike, don't ride it until you have identified the sourse of the noise.

Put your bike up on a Pitbull type of stand and kick it in gear and listen for the foreign noise. (Caution ! Do not, repeat - Do not rav the engine while the bike is on the stand)

Bob :eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^^ that's what made me think of it......I read that thread then thought to ask....I'll check it out when I get home....

·
Registered
870 Posts
Ya might have a loose tight spot in the chain - I had similair noises and had to adjust the chain a few times over a coupla weeks.

Can't bitch too much - 15K outta the stock chqaint isn't too bad.

Prolly coulda just replaced the chain and left the stock sprockets - sprockets looked pretty good.

My chain guide mounting bolt wasn't loose but I do check all the fender/gaurd/tail and frame bolts every couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
D said:
Ya might have a loose tight spot in the chain - I had similair noises and had to adjust the chain a few times over a coupla weeks.

Prolly coulda just replaced the chain and left the stock sprockets - sprockets looked pretty good.
Not a good idea as they are/should be replaced as a complete setup even if 'looking good' they truely aren't.

BD

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
D said:

My chain guide mounting bolt wasn't loose but I do check all the fender/gaurd/tail and frame bolts every couple thousand miles.

As BD said never replace just the chain or just the sprockets for that matter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts