Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today did go for a ride and when i twist the gas i here tiking in the motor and when i let go off the gas its gone bike got 3400mils and before never did that
can it be valves or what thank you for any info on this :dontknow:

·
Registered
311 Posts
yep same here seems to be the norm for the 10r some say it may be the chain tensioner right before it skips to the next setting. mine was doing it really bad and i just changed the oil and it got much better like half as loud. dont know exactly why but it helped. do a search here there are many many threads on this same thing

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks but i did chenged oil 400mil ago its prety fresh canit be valvs the last owner wos runing nos canit be from this. the bike runs ok but this noise its only when i twist the gas and going about 5 6 7 rpm did run my bodys 10 today and his dont have this tiking noise thanks for any info an this

·
Registered
311 Posts
nos can do some damage if not used right. sounds like maybe a valve adjustment or ike i said the chain tensioner. does it kinda sound like a baseball card in the spoke of a kids bike? i would bring it in i had the same noise and they took care of it whatever that was. the noise that the oil made quite was a little different more like a metal sound

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
the guy i got this bike set he run only 2 times whit the nos one time on dyno and 2 time on the street he set the jet for the nos wos 20hp shoot the small one he is from the other zx10r forums his name on the other forums is dashizzzkat maybe some of you know him his nice guy i hope im not gone blow the motor on the 10 the nos wos put i think he set by ivans shop in ny

·
Supercharged Mod
4,392 Posts
Ticking noise under load, not there when not under load at the same RPM?

Make sure the exhaust system is properly tightened against the cylinder head. Check that all the nuts are tight! An exhaust leak at this location will cause a noise under load that sounds like ticking.

Major power adders like NOS, as a rule, will reduce the longevity of the engine if they are used regularly. It certainly is possible to do lots of damage in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
sounds like an exhaust leak..if you ride the bike right after you start it is it worse?? exhaust leaks seem to at least partially fix themselves as temps come up in the motor.

·
Registered
469 Posts
grego10r said:
the guy i got this bike set he run only 2 times whit the nos one time on dyno and 2 time on the street he set the jet for the nos wos 20hp shoot the small one he is from the other zx10r forums his name on the other forums is dashizzzkat maybe some of you know him his nice guy i hope im not gone blow the motor on the 10 the nos wos put i think he set by ivans shop in ny

"Punctuation can be thought of as a sign that warns the reader that he or she is approaching a change in direction in a sentence. A road sign on a highway warns a motorist that the road ahead is not a straight, divided highway with one-way traffic but two lanes of traffic with a short curve. Similarly, punctuation in a sentence warns the reader that the flow of words ahead may shift in an unexpected direction. Thus punctuation guides the reader to avoid misreading just as a road sign warns the driver to avoid misdirection."

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
take 30 min go to your bike and tighten header bolts... trust me

·
Registered
311 Posts
most likely not from the nos then. only a really big shot and overuse could damage things it seems on the 10. they are right check the exhaust i didnt even think about that because mine was somethin else. i did check mine wheni heard the noise but mine was all nice and tight

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
the bolts are tight it cames :heyyou: from top of the motor
did check my oil levl and it wos to hi culd be from it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts