Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody used these? got a set on *b*y, looked pretty nice-$170 (free shipping) for the set,figured i'd try em out-haven't got them yet

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
Damn, whats up with all the different rearsets lately...I need to start looking around more.

If they're the ones that I found on the internet they look pretty sweet...really nice actually. The price is foolish though. When you do get them chime back in and let us know how they are...I wouldn't mind getting a pair of black/red ones to match my special ed...

These it?: http://www.nobunaka.com/

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats them-i got a set in all gold (the gold seems to look nice on the solor yellow bike)i took a chance on the pazzo levers before i heard of them and they were real nice-so i guess i'll wait and see

·
Registered
164 Posts
I was seriously considering the Nobus BUT since they are from Thailand, I was concerned about the time it would take to get replacement parts if I needed them. Additionally, they do not mention or have a price/parts list for parts if you need to replace them. I did however, found a local (Cali) guy on Craigslist who sells sets for around 200 and sells the parts individually. Since I don't currently have some extra cash for the bling yet, I'll wait until Spring is here before pulling the trigger. If anyone else has comparable deals, please add to this thread.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i know what you mean about shipping from Thailand it's hit or miss last time they said 15 bus. days and i turned around and there was the package like in 6 days-i ordered the rear sets from a guy in the u.s.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I have them and here is my opinion on them being i have Sato's and Arata's on my other bikes.

The as supplied bolts are cheap crap
The bolt for the foot peg is to short and needs at least another 20mm to be solid under weight and if the bike does go down.
The overall feel is of a cheaper metal used and more flex is felt

But for the $200 they are pretty good buy...just add some quality bolts to the mix.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay heres the follow up on the rear sets-don't know if this is common on all aftermarket rear sets but here i go-need a longer rear brake hose,diff rear brake res.(maybe just a short piece of clear hose) now on the left side, the shift rod that came with the kit is to long nomatter what position the rearset is in-i tried the stock shift rod and it's to short, so if your not a big fan of fabricating stuff don't get these-me, i don't really have a problem building and fabricating stuff but because i didn't have the clear hose or the longer brake line i put the stock one back on till i have more time-:2cents:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay heres the follow up on the rear sets-don't know if this is common on all aftermarket rear sets but here i go-need a longer rear brake hose,diff rear brake res.(maybe just a short piece of clear hose) now on the left side, the shift rod that came with the kit is to long nomatter what position the rearset is in-i tried the stock shift rod and it's to short, so if your not a big fan of fabricating stuff don't get these-me, i don't really have a problem building and fabricating stuff but because i didn't have the clear hose or the longer brake line i put the stock one back on till i have more time-:2cents:
that's the update-no pics because i pulled em off the bike till i have more time to f*ck with em:heyyou:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well I am finding out the hard way that the instructions are "wrong". They are replica's of Sato but the linkage part is a copy of Vortex. Maybe that's the loophole to be able to make the knockoffs. So you will need to connect the rods like you would a Vortex set.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nobunaka Rearsets

I wrote to Nobunaka Racing after having problems fitting them they did help abit.
Extra parts you'll need I got mine all from eBay.
1. HEL single brake light switch £9.95
2. Stainless Braided Flexy Brake Hose (aprox 50cm) £14.95
3. A length of hose for the brake reservoir £2.00
4. New brake fluid £4.95
But after all this I think they look quite good.

:ninja3::ninja:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
There have been many posts over time on here about these Rearset.
Many have said that the finish is very poor quality. I guess they scratch easily and the finish is pron to fading, ect... Not to mention the other problems listed.
I'd just opt for a higher qualitly/ reputable manufacter. Got my WoodCrafts for 250.00

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I think they look good but I wont be trading in my satos :mrgreen:

·
Registered
500 Posts
i am just worried about the installation, i dont want to have to do any customization...just want to plug and play..

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
i am just worried about the installation, i dont want to have to do any customization...just want to plug and play..
From earlier posts in the thread they are not "plug and play" require buying some extra stuff to make work. The brake light switch is no supprise even satos require this but they come with it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts