1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
ghey

·
Registered
352 Posts
leave it to DMG to F things up!!! I havent been to an AMA race and I was going to go this year but F it, I'll go to motogp indy or maybe wsbk if they are coming this year. Its all factory bikes and no special one off parts or engineering for that matter, might as well go watch CMRA or WERA or some other club races and see the exact same thing!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Their contingency program is pretty good. I dunno, maybe it's (contingency) not as good as the others. Maybe and somewhat obviously, the 10R isn't as racer friendly as Suzukis and possibly Hondas. Suzukis seem the most popular among privateers and always have. They probably take less $$$ to make them competitive. Now that I think of it, 10R's have been pretty rare in the superbike field even before the DMG era.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Their contingency program is pretty good. I dunno, maybe it's (contingency) not as good as the others. Maybe and somewhat obviously, the 10R isn't as racer friendly as Suzukis and possibly Hondas. Suzukis seem the most popular among privateers and always have. They probably take less $$$ to make them competitive. Now that I think of it, 10R's have been pretty rare in the superbike field even before the DMG era.
yea whats up with that? too fast too twichy?? :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
well thats y i got a kawi no one has them, and all the gsxr riders dont know what to expect when i leave them because they think my bike is slow HA 08 10 baby

·
Registered
85 Posts
This has got to be the lamest excuse for Kawis not racing I have ever read. I love kawis (all bikes as a matter of fact) but...

"the 10R isn't as racer friendly as Suzukis and possibly Hondas"

"yea whats up with that? too fast too twichy??"

OMG! Unfortunately, they are not competitive. Until they are, Kawasaki will have no need to race (advertise that they are not a good a sport bike as the others). They are good street bikes but are not competitive in competition. It sucks but let's be real guys.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This has got to be the lamest excuse for Kawis not racing I have ever read. I love kawis (all bikes as a matter of fact) but...

OMG! Unfortunately, they are not competitive. Until they are, Kawasaki will have no need to race (advertise that they are not a good a sport bike as the others). They are good street bikes but are not competitive in competition. It sucks but let's be real guys.
That’s exactly why Kawasaki isn't running in GP, because they weren't competitive. I am curious as to why the street bike that wins the majority of the shootouts becomes so uncompetitive in race trim? You would think that if you start out with the best production motorcycle adding high end aftermarket parts should only add to the already potent package.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

When I stated "not racer friendly", I meant that for the privateer on a tighter budget (as most are) Kaws probably take more time, effort, tuning, and money to make competitive. Let's face it, suzukis have pretty much ruled the factory and privateer ranks since mladin took over development years ago. They tend to put out a great all-around bike every year. Kawasakis are known for great motor, yamahas good chassis and style, hondas I'll have to get back to you on.:dontknow:Blandness maybe. And as far as not racing because your not competitve, racing improves the streetbike line, which in turn gives you a better racebike. Kawasaki just plain sucks for not giving Hacking a superbike to ride. Concerning Motogp, I hate they quit, but in this economy does it make sense to spend upwards 50 mil/year to show the world your bike is not competitive? I'd like to see dorna make rules to lower cost of the series. Until then Motogp is on the verge of losing viewers and sponsors. Suzuki could be next.

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
That’s exactly why Kawasaki isn't running in GP, because they weren't competitive. I am curious as to why the street bike that wins the majority of the shootouts becomes so uncompetitive in race trim? You would think that if you start out with the best production motorcycle adding high end aftermarket parts should only add to the already potent package.
:+1: Never understood it myself. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It does suck, but I figured since Attack Perferformance and Monster Energy had the 600 group w/ Hacking and Hayden, they would have no problem fielding a Superbike team even with the same 2 guys. A couple of years ago Jordan did that w/ Aaron Yates w/ no problem and was competitive. I think M4/ Team Hammer did it too w/ Blake Young ridin both as well. I just don't get it either. :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
So there's no 10r's running this year? it''s the only freakin year I can go. Asspiles

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
it would be nice to see somone good enough to bust some ass witha 10r just so i can rub it in some gsxr lovers face lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
Let's have our own team....

Let's add up how many Kawi fans there are in here, pitch in a $50 and field 1 bike....let's do it for the love, I'm sure a lot of the guys here can prep a bike, others can set up camp, others can lend their trailer and so on and so forth....
Let's have a Kawasaki Team!!!! Yeahhhhhhh!!!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts