Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

No stunt section?

13K views 47 replies 17 participants last post by  bluedevil 
#1 ·
Just curious why there's no stunt section at all.
Not a big deal, honestly...theres other sites that are strictly stunt related.
I initiated a stunt section (Talk and pics n vids) on my local site TSB years ago...and with it started doing "Sunday Stuntdays" out in the country where the only lives we'd endanger were our own, lol.
It was a HUGE success and soon filled up fast and those were some of my favorite days on my bike, 15 to 45 of us would routinely show up packed for the day, and get our groove on all day...fkn blast!
Anyway, I'm older now and other stuff has taken priority.
Such is life.

#3 ·
Hmmm. The ZX-10R is not a stunt bike for one thing. Doesn't have graphics and stickers plastered all over it either. You'd probably really enjoy Gixxer.com
Any bike can be a stunt bike. Variety is the spice of life. If we all liked what you liked, we would be driving camaros and riding motorcycles with both wheels on the ground. Boring.....

#5 ·
Hmmm. The ZX-10R is not a stunt bike for one thing. Doesn't have graphics and stickers plastered all over it either. You'd probably really enjoy Gixxer.com
Really, I wonder how the hell I make it look so easy on my 10 then???
Me thinks I smell a....ha-ter (Sing song voice) lol Must suck, but I guess 5,000,000 Harley **** cant be wrong huh? I own a ZX10 so being a member of Gixxer.com would be almost as stupid as saying "A ZX10 is not a stunt bike"...almost.

Any bike can be a stunt bike. Variety is the spice of life. If we all liked what you liked, we would be driving camaros and riding motorcycles with both wheels on the ground. Boring.....
Good post bro!
I would suggest staring a thread in the suggestion area. Wouldnt surprise me if they opened a stunting area if there were enough interest.
I could do that...lotta other shit going on right now but Im really digging the site and would def be able to spear that idea, since I did it 8 yrs ago on TSB.

#9 ·
U wouldnt call jason brighton ernie vigil or nick brocha squids if they decided to stunt a 10 would u, and u might say that theyre pros well they started somewhere. I dont see anything wrong with turning a 10 into a stunt bike just dont do it in flip flops and a wife beater.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

#10 ·
Well you can go on about any bike can be a stunt bike but I talk to Nick Brocha, Eric Hoenshell, and Darius Khasabi and there are reasons they all use 600s. How and where your power is delivered in the RPM range is a big factor. Yes you can stunt any bike. Should you, no. I remember when D was stunting R1s like they were going out of style but then things slowed down and moved to lots and not freeways. You want a legit stunt bike then stick to a 600, you want to do highway highchairs and shit then a liter bike is fine. I stunted a 900 and it just doesn't feel right

#15 ·
This has been suggested a few times over the years and has always been shot down. That's not to say things haven't changed.

If there's enough positive replies for one, I can make it happen

#19 ·
No, they are just humans, normal everyday humans. Not to mention this dude could work magic on his bike, and all he does is stunt on his zx-10r and zx-6r and his Yamaha. I am not living in the stone age man, LGBT is no longer a closeted thing in this country..
To each their own is suppose. Everyone has varying levels of standards.

Back on topic!

#20 ·
as long as it doesn't flood the forum with a buncha bro crap that goes along with stunters i'm all for it, i think stunting is stupid but i respect the skill required to do it. my main issue is most stunters are tools, douchebags or bro's.

also, the zx10r isn't usually stunted because they tend to break apart easily from stunting, gen 1's cracked welds like they were gsxrs

#22 ·
I love stunt riding and watching it etc. but I don't think there needs to be a place on the forum for a bike that is very rarely stunted. There are plenty of stunting forums for that. I don't think maybe three members need their own section
Maybe we should clean house then. The ZX Network section has 9 sections that sees no activity. Ok to have those nine but not one more?

#23 ·
Maybe we should clean house then. The ZX Network section has 9 sections that sees no activity. Ok to have those nine but not one more?
1.) What 9 are those? Just curious.

2.) I vote yes. For the most part Im not a stunter fan. I have mad respect for the skills they have. I respect the work it takes to learn it. The dents, dings, cuts, road rash, stitches, casts and general soreness from the crashing and for the life of me I wish I could do a mad stoppie. This is a ZX-10R forum and if there are 10R stunters out there then they should be more than welcome here to share in the community and knowledge base here.

#24 ·
If there's enough positive replies for one, I can make it happen

No, we're not going to make infinite unused sections. YSR has said he'll do if there's enough support for it. Ummmkay? :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.