Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. So I’ve recently powdercoated a bunch of parts on my 07 ZX10R; frame, swing arm, forks, wheels, etc. After putting everything back together it’s not starting. Cranks over fine. Getting spark, fuel pump primes, good compression. Took my injectors out and manually cleaned each one with pressurized carb cleaner. I’m in Arizona where it’s starting to get cold at night. It seems to start for a few seconds at night when temps drop. Runs really rough and will back fire super loud. Can’t get it to run in the daytime when temps rise about 75. Messed with idle screw but doesn’t help. If anyone has any input I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check again when I get home but I’m pretty sure the Injectors & coils are all plugged in correctly. Followed the routing from the service manual.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Have you balanced the throttle bodies since re building? If you used excessive force removing replacing the injectors the bodies are likely out of synq.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
You may even have dislodged vacuum pipes or bent the STP rods.... have a good look check everything and balance them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Michael4012 thank you for the feedback. I actually just hooked up vacuum hoses from my sync gauge to the throttle bodies today so they can be synced. Took out the adjuster screws for each port and sprayed carb cleaner through them. The bike won’t run though so I won’t be able to sync until I figure out what’s wrong. The vacuum hoses that are on the back side(facing rear of bike) of the throttle bodies were never tampered with. Not sure what an STP rod is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah the gen 2 has a secondary butterfly. It opens just fine with the computer when the key is turned on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok. So I removed my ignition coil harness and untaped it to look for breaks in the wiring. Wires all look good. Only thing is there is a red wire coming from each coil connecter that all collect into one connecter. I have no clue where this connecter plugs into. When I look at photos of my same coil harness they have this connecter taped over. Any clues as to where this hooks up to? I can’t seem to find where it goes and the service manual isn’t helping. The other wire for each coil connecter all feed into one large connector that plugs into the main harness.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I just figured out that connecter with all the red wires joins all those wires together for the coils. Not a connecter. Just unplugged my power commander and it now starts and runs but only on cylinder 2 & 4. 1 & 3 exhaust manifolds not getting hot. I have the air box off and when I go to start it cylinder 3 will back fire through the intake. Sometimes sparks will come through the throttle bodies on 1 & 3.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts