Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my 06 got backed into and layed over. Brought it home on the truck and tried to start to pull it in the garage. It started but very very rough with smoke coming out the exhaust i gave it some gas and it quit. After that it wont even try to start. Checked pump and its getting fuel also when looking down the butterflies you can see the valves are wet. I pulled 2 plugs and hit the ignition and cant see any spark in the 2 center plugs..... Need some help. Also i check every and all plugs/connections all tight.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Any idea how long it was laid over ?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
You need to check all your switches from kick stand to engine run and kill switch and tip over sensor,make sure none are cracked.Its possible something came loose ,like a plug or connector during the impact of the hit or the fall to the ground.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
checked the kill switch and kick stand already.....were is this tip over sensor at and wouldnt being its back upright let is go? does that just kill spark or would it kill the fuel also?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I think its under the bracket behind the battery.What gen do you have?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now i remember why i stopped getting on here....it because unless your one of the click or know someone who knows someone you dont get any help.... Thank you for your input Green10 i appreciate it

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
now i remember why i stopped getting on here....it because unless your one of the click or know someone who knows someone you dont get any help.... Thank you for your input Green10 i appreciate it
Relax fella, you just posted 3 hours ago?
Not everybody is online waiting to give help, have patience...:thumbsup:

As said check the tip-over sensor, they get stuck sometimes.
Also check the ground connections, maybe something is loose. Also fuses...
Hopefully you find it out soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Sorry guysjust been a bad stressful week... ya I'm gunman look for that sensor tonight
Have had some of those weeks myself. Let us know what you find!good luck!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so found the tip over sensor. took it out and shook it and it rattles so its ok..... if it was the kill switch it would even try right? and i tried kick stand up and down and still wont... also i heard the stand click like it was working and its in neutral so i mean im at a loss less of the ecu?? I just got called from the guys insurance so i think ima let them deal with it... just bugs the shit outta me on what it is. Im to used to carburated quads and bikes gotta get used to this fuel injected computer ran stuff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts